chapter 7

Newt's POV

After I've kissed her, I walked straight to home. Why would do that?, I am not allowed to kiss her. I never should have let myself get attracted to her. But the way she stared at me with her blue eyes getting curious for answers which she never gonna get. And her lips trembling with cold, I couldn't stop myself, I forgot who she was and who I was at the moment.

I cursed myself all the way down to my house, I don't know what she will think of me now. I was just supposed to be her friend and I took this far more than that. When I got home I took a long hot shower and all I can see was her face and what I did.

If my parents get to know about this moment we had, they are gonna be so upset and angry. I decided not to tell them anything about this.

I kept reading books all the evening sitting on the couch then I got a call from Jenna. Why is she calling now? 

"What is it ?" I asked her.

"I saw you two in the woods " she said, God she saw.

"What'd you saw?" I sat straight suddenly and asked.

"Calm down, I won't tell mom and dad, but why did you do that Newt?, you know you shouldn't involve with her like that" she said, I can hear her hiss.

"Look, I know I made a mistake ok, just forget about it, I'll take care of it" I said

"Focus on what you are here for Newt, if you can't find it, you know what happens " she warned me as If i didn't know.

"I know" I said and hung up. I should be more careful with her. But her innocence and her curiosity over things just making me difficult to focus.

___

I didn't went to school cause I know she'd have a lot of questions and I can't give her the answers she want to hear.

And then when I was in school the other day, she wasn't in school. I wondered what had happened. I thought of asking Jo but I saw Steve asking her about Susie. I eavesdropped anyway and Jo said she'd go to her house to see if she was still on for the party tonight. After that Jo came to my locker and invited me to the party.

"Thanks, I'll drop by" I said kindly.

I decided to go cause I hoped that Susie might come. When I went home after school, my house door was unlocked. I rushed into the house and saw Jenna sitting on the couch reading something.

"Making yourself at home?" I asked.

"Oh you came..." she stood up.

"What are you doing here ? I said I don't want anyone here" 

"Well, dad insisted me on staying with you, you know how stubborn he gets" Jenna said

Why is he so worried when I said I'll take care of things, he still thinks I can't handle things alone. I didn't say anything to her after that. I took a shower and got ready for the party.

"Are you going to a party?" Jenna asked coming into my room while I was putting my shirt on.

"Hey don't you know to knock before entering?? "

"Sorry..so where are you going?" she asked, I walked out of my room into the hall, buttoning my shirt.

"Can I come if it's a party?" She asked

"No"

"Newt...please "

"You are not invited and people here can get worse" I said.

"I can handle that " she wouldn't stop until I take her.

"Fine." I said, I had no option besides I can't leave here all alone here.