Chapter 47

Newt's POV

Everyone is saying that she will be alright, that they will protect during the spell and I want to trust them but I know Marcus do not lie about her because he cares for her.

"I don't know Susie, Please, don't do the spell" I begged her for the last time.

"Newt please, don't let his words get into your head, I will be fine" she said holding my hands. 

"He's not wrong though" I said "You barely managed to do the moon spell, you were so weak and you know the spell to cage Marcus is more difficult than the moon spell" 

"Newt__" 

"If anything happens to you__I__" 

"Stop me then" she said "If you think I was in too much danger while doing the spell, make me stop" 

"Promise me you will stop" I asked.

"I promise"

_____

Everyone is getting prepared to do the spell and they all are prepared to fight Marcus today, They want to him caged at all cost. All the witches gathered around in circle after making the ritual preparations. Jenna and matt went to look for Rosa, Marcus must have had her hidden somewhere while he was impersonating her, everyone is worried that he might have killed her and I wish he didn't.

Susie joined the witches to do the final spell. Me and my pack stood behind them to guard them, even though I can't fight Marcus fully in my human form, I can give them some time. My parents and Susie's dad stood aside from us watching us with worry. Susie's dad never spoke a word to me since he knew about Susie and me, he kept looking at Susie with worry. He tried to hide this world from her but in the end, we can't escape from fate no matter how we much try, can we?

"Ready?" Mrs. Rupert asked Susie who was holding a knife to her hand, she has to bleed her blood again to summon Marcus.

Susie took a breath and nodded. She cut her arm a bit and let the blood pour on the the cloth of Marcus which was placed on a rock in the middle. They all started chanting the spell and after a while Marcus was summoned and he looked angry and at the same time worried, like something bad is gonna happen. 

He looked at Susie who was still chanting the spell and Marcus tried to move toward her but he couldn't move at all like he was stuck right there, his eyes widened seeing Susie chanting the spell, The Cave began to shatter bit by bit. Marcus eyes shifted towards me and he said

"Stop her" I didn't say anything, I don't know what to do. "Stop her, you idiot, you can't see but I can, If you don't stop her right now, she is gonna die"

And I don't wanna think anymore, i ran to Susie and tried to stop her but she didn't open her eyes like she is no longer controlling the spell but the spell is controlling her.

"Susie please stop" I yelled but she didn't listen and no other witch can listen to me either.

"She can't stop now" Marcus said, his face lost the hope of saving her and I have never been afraid this much.

Marcus stood there watching her and I saw a tear dropping off his eye "I told you not to let her do the spell" were his last words to me.

The ground beneath him started to shatter and I didn't try to save him even though every part of me wanted to save him. 

"Tell me how I can make her stop, please" i begged him.

"The power is too much, it's consuming her" he said and then he closed his eyes and started chanting. I didn't understand what he was doing.