chapter 22

susie's pov:

I like him, I haven't realized all this time, but now I do, I really like him a lot...my heart is still racing, my wrist was still in his hand, in his loose grip. How can I answer him? A part of me wants to tell him all about how I feel but a part me is scared to do so.

"Newt.." I can barely speak, it was almost like a whisper. he was loo king into my eyes waiting for me to tell him something.

"Its cold, I want to go home" I said, taking my hand off his.

He looked down at our hands and back at me and said in a low voice.

"Okay"

I started walking slowly and he was walking behind me. We didn't say anything till we reached my home.

"Thanks for walking me home" I said, he just nodded. Now that I'm home I realized he had to go home and he left his car at school.

"How will you go home? you left your car at school and__"

"Jenna is on her way..I texted her to pick me up, don't worry" he said before I even finished my sentence.

"Oh Okay.." I said "do you wanna come inside and wait?"

"No..its okay..she's almost here" he refused.

"Okay...so may be I should wait here with you until__" before I could say more, a car stopped right infront of my house.

"Your rides here" I said pressing my lips together.

Jenna rolled the window down and gave me a smile, I smiled back. She looks pretty just like Newt, I guess his whole family is so pretty.

"See you at school.." he said, I nodded and he walked to the other side of the car and got in.

And they drove away.

I went inside and dad wasn't home yet, so I figured I should look for the book. I dropped my bag on a chair and went to his room and searched everywhere, under his bed and the closet and everywhere literally but nothing. Where could he possibly hide this book?

I stood in his room thinking of where he could have hid it. I looked over his bathroom. He wouldn't hide it in there, would he? I thought for a second and went in there and looked and there's a kit that has his shaving things, it's big enough to put a book in there.

It's on shelf and it's too high for me to reach, God, why I am so short? Ugh, I hissed and took a stool and stepped on it and took the box down. I opened it and it's there, I found it.

"Eww dad..really ?!! In a bathroom"

I took Both books and put the box right in its place and went to my room. I couldn't wait to read it. I locked my door and sat in my bed and opened both books, the transcript and the original one.

I started reading the transcript and it doesn't make sense at all.

It was all spells, half of the book literally. It has instructions for spells like when to use which one. It wasn't in English, its really like some scooby doo spells, I can't even properly spell them even though they were in English letters translated by Newt's dad.

His dad!! Oh God, he must have thought it's all crazy and I'm crazy to ask him to translate this stuff.

Why would mom leave something like this..?  I kept reading it. Are these all even real spells? Even if they are...Why does it have to do anything with me?.

Newt was right, it's all witchy stuff in this book. I kept flipping the pages and reading when I heard a knock on my door, I hid the books under my blankets and opened the door, of course its dad.

"Since when did you start locking your door?" He asked.

"Since today" I said.

"You're still angry" he said with a disappointed look.

"The hell I am..." I said.

"I'm sorry Susie..but it's for the best"

For my best? What is it? It's all nonsense in that book and he is trying to keep me away from it. What is he so worried about?

"Its just a book dad" I said. He shook his head.

"Come down for dinner, I made chicken" he said and walked down.

I took the books and hid them under my bed and went down for dinner. We ate in silence for a while.

"So how's school going?" He asked taking a bite of chicken.

"How it should be...boring like always" I said.

"That kid I saw at our house last time.." He was asking, I looked up.

"You mean Newt ?" I asked.

"Yeah of course him..is there another guy beside him who was at our house?" He asked playfully.

"What?! No.." I said quickly.

"I know...well ah so Newt, um, are you friends with him or something?" He asked. The look on his face was saying that I shouldn't be friends or something with Newt.

"We are sorta..friends" I said putting a lot of chicken in my mouth. I'm already freaked about my feelings for newt and my dad is the last person that I would talk to about it.

"Sort of?" He questioned pulling his eyebrows together.

"Yeah...we are not that close" I said. He looked a bit relieved.

"Okay.."

"Are you worried that I'm like..dating some guy or something?" I asked with an awkward smile playing down my lips.

"No..that's not that..."

"Well don't worry dad..I'm sure no one at school wants to date me" I said.

Wasn't that true?! I guess it is. I mean I wonder why anyone would want to date me? I still wonder why Steve wanted to date me in the first place.

"Why would you say that hon..? Look you're beautiful and any man would be so lucky to have you in their life" dad said.

But really! Would he be happy to have me? 

NEWT'S POV

"So you're walking her home now?" Jenna asked.

"Can you just drive? I'm in no mood for a chat" I said and looked out the window.

My mind is already a mess and I don't wanna deal with another thing now.

"Okay DAD" she said and thank God she didn't utter a word after that until we reached home.

When we went inside, dad was on the couch reading some book. Why does he always read?!. Jenna went to help mom in the kitchen.

I avoided dad and went straight to my room and I spent an hour in the shower thinking all the stuff. I felt like my brain might explode.

What does she wanted to say? What did she held back saying? Right now there's nothing in this world I want to hear more than the words she wanted to say to me. I should have asked her again, then she might have said it. I'm such an idiot.

What is it Susie?! What did you want to say?!!

Ugh I hit the wall while the hot water was pouring down my body.

"Newt.." my mom called waking me up from my drowning thoughts.

"Yeah mom..I'm in the shower" I replied back.

"Okay...come out soon, dinner is ready" she said.

"Yeah okay"

To be continued.

                                                               **don't forget to vote**