chapter 6

I was still in bed this morning, I don't want to wake up. I just laid down in my pajamas staring at my ceiling and My dad came in.

"Honey, you are late for school, you still in bed" he asked

"Sorry dad, I'm not feeling well, I don't wanna go to school today" I said turning around. He came to me, touched my forehead to see if I got fever.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. I sat up.

"No dad, I just don't feel like going school today" I said.

"Fine then, I'll make you something and leave it on the table, come downstairs and eat, I'll be in the store if you need me okay" he said and left.

I took a bath and wore my light blue hoodie. Dad made me a sandwich, I then started working on my assignment. It took me hours to find something good, then clock tics to 1 PM, dad ain't home yet. I had some juice and bread from the fridge, all this time, even though I was doing stuff to distract myself, he was coming into my mind every minute. I got exhausted thinking about him.

"Its all cause of that freaking kiss, I never should have let him do that"

I talked to myself. I still don't understand why he didn't came to school last day, I mean what did I do that effected him so much??

"I'm going mad, damn it"

My head hurts thinking about this. After an hour or so, Jo came to my house.

"Are you sick ? I was worried, you should have called me" she said, we were sitting on my couch.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't feel like coming to school today, I'm totally fine Jo"

"Well I have something for you" she said with a huge smile, my face lit up suddenly.

"What is it?" I asked sounding exciting a bit. She took a package out of her bag. It was a dress, a black top.

"Its beautiful "

"I know right, it would look amazing on you I swear" she said " I bought this for you for tonight's party but I see you are so not in a mood for a party" 

"No, I'll come" I said, why should I throw my enjoyment away just for some guy?

"Really...!! awesome" she hugged me.

I was happy that she was happy. We talked about school but all I want to ask her was if he was in school. After a long chat, I asked her finally.

"So ah__Is Newt at school today? " that's it, she gave me the look again.

"Hmm why are you asking about Newt?" She asked, now I'm gonna get a lot of questions.

"Nothing, it's just, he wasn't in school yesterday, I gave him my notes, so.." I tried not to look like I was bluffing.

"Oh..is that it?" She doesn't buy it at all.

"And Steve...did Steve ask for me? I didn't even leave a text to him" I think it would please her.

"Yeah..he did.. one of the reasons I came here, he's thinking you wouldn't show up to the party " she said, I just nodded.

"Well, I gotta go get ready for the party, I'll see you there" she said and I walked her out.

"And yes.. Newt was in school today." She said giving that dirty look again.

"We are just friends Jo" I said.

"Yeah I know" she said and left.

He was in school, I should've gone. I kept smiling after that, I got ready for the party and Jo was right, this top looks so much better on me. When I was downstairs, dad was home.