Chapter 44

Susie's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Newt had came out of the dream and we got back together. We have been going to school like normal people even with everything coming near, the ritual and fighting with Marcus but I don't feel scared because now I have him and I have my family. I can be strong enough to save him and fight Marcus, I believe I can.

Steve is still hostile with Newt but Newt doesn't hate him like he did before. Jo was happy that we got back together. Everything is going perfect till now. We study together and sometimes we spend time together at the library. I am really happy. I haven't seen Marcus around since the wedding. I don't know what he is planning but at least for now he isn't ruining our lives.

Full moon is in 3 days. I have to admit I am a little nervous. Newt has been really supportive and caring all this time, I always practice the spells near his house with mom and he has always been there for me. Him being there with me gave more strength.

____

Steve is ghosting me completely, he part ways whenever he sees me in the hallway. What does he hate much??

One day After lunch I took him behind the school and confronted him.

"How long are you gonna be like this?!"

"Like what?" He asked like he didn't know. He looked serious.

"Steve please..." I pleaded in a low voice. He didn't react but stared into my eyes.

"Can't we just stay as friends?!" I know I'm being selfish to ask him to do that but I can't just let him go with hatred.

"Friends?!" He scoffed. "How can you ask me that ?! Do you seriously think I can be friends with you?!"

"We were just fine before" I said.

He suddenly stepped forward to me that made me step back.

"Fine?!__" he said as he came closer to me "you have no idea" now I was leaning on to the wall and he is so close to me.

"Everytime I'm near you I'd go crazy trying not to touch you" he said as his eyes fell on my lips.

"__trying not to kiss you" he said and looked into my eyes.

"And I still___" he paused like he saw something in eyes. "Never mind, it's never going to be me anyway, right?! "

He then walked away with rage as I stood still. I don't think I can hold on to him anymore.

____

It's Friday, we were in school cafeteria, Jo, Toby, Newt and I were eating lunch. Steve never joined us for lunch since Newt came and I don't think he will ever join.

"What are you thinking?" Newt asked "you barely touched your lunch"

"Nothing, I don't have much appetite." I said.

"So you guys are coming to the party right?" Toby asked taking a bite of his sandwich.

Newt looked at me like he need me to approve for him to go to the party. I raised my eyebrows in question, he shrugged his shoulders.

"What's going on?" Jo asked. Newt smiled like he remembered an inside joke.

"I'd come if she comes" Newt said looking at me with a smirk on his face, he looked beautiful.

"She would come of course" Jo said.

"I'll come" I said.

"Alright then, I will see you at the party guys" Toby said as he stood up and gave Jo a little peck on her cheek and left for his class in hurry.