chapter 18

Newt's POV

My skin felt like it was on fire, I was sweating a lot, I was still on bed, rolling sides with pain, what is happening ? I woke up but the pain is still there, I went into the bathroom and run the shower, the water was cold but It wasn't enough for my skin. I stayed under the water for an hour dealing with my unexplained emotions and pain.

My mom called me out when I was really late for school. Yeah school, why is it so important for me to go to school when I'm not human. Well if there's any good thing about school in my life, its Susie. I only go to school so that I can see her and her cute smile and her being angry at me for the little things I do, she looks really beautiful whenever she looks at me with those little frustrated eyes, I had to restrain my urge to touch her every time.

And I shouldn't feel that way about her.

____

When I gave her, her mother's book, I can't explain how happy she was, I almost felt like a hero even though it's my dad who translated it. She was really happy and I couldn't help but smile looking at her.

When she asked me out for coffee, I was really surprised she asked me that, cause I've been wanting to go with her from a very long time.

"Please.." look at her pleading me to go for a coffee with her, like she had to do that, I wouldn't miss this for the world. I said yes.

____

I've joined volleyball team, so that I can relieve my stress and it was my first day and the boys wanted to play some more time, I wanted to leave and when I was about to leave, coach joined us and he wanted to see how we were playing.

Seriously, what a timing, she must be waiting for me and here I am playing sports. As soon as the play was over, I took a very quick shower, I didn't even dry my hair, I went out and saw her standing by the car. It felt really good to see her waiting for me and that too, by my car. I just smiled at the thought.

_____

She suddenly placed her hand on my cheek and whipped the water, I froze cause her hand felt like snow. They were so cold like it was enough to stop the burn on my skin.

Why does her hand feels cold against my skin?.

That's all I can think about on my drive with her. She didn't say anything, well it wasn't a long drive to the coffee shop, so we didn't have much to say to each other. We stopped at the coffee shop where she usually goes.

"Wait" I said when she was about to get out of the car.

"Shall we not go in there?"

"Why ?" She asked.

"Why don't we go to another coffee shop except this one?" I asked. Well she was here with that jerk, Steve, why would I go in there for our coffee? Not at all, I don't want to spoil my time with her.

"Another one? I don't think there's any other coffee shop around here, you do know we live in a very small town right?" She asked.

I laughed and said "well that's why we are going to San Carlos" then I started the car towards San Carlos.

"Seriously, we are going to San Carlos for a cup of coffee?!?! " she was surprised at my act.

"Well it's not just a coffee, I'm going to have a coffee with you, so I better make this a very good moment" the words just came out. She didn't say anything after that, she kept looking at me in the front mirror. I just smiled. That's all I can do when I'm around her.

"You can just look at me directly If you want, you might break the mirror with your stare Susie" I teased looking at her, she quickly looked away from the mirror and back to me.