Chapter 31

Newt's POV

*after Susie left newt's house*

"I have to go after her" I said and went inside to get my car keys, but Jenna took the keys from my hands.

"What are you doing?" she said. "Seeing you right now will drive her more crazy, just let her go for now Newt" 

"No, she's not in her right mind right now, and its dark outside" I said. 

"She's not the only one who is not in her right mind right now, look at you" she said, tears are filled in my eyes "I can't let you drive like this" 

Suddenly my feet lost their balance like something hit me, I collapsed on to the sofa, Jenna sat next to me placing her hand on my shoulder.

"We are gonna fix this" she said.

"How?" I asked. "I don't know if I can even face her right now" 

I took my phone out and called Steve, he is the only person I can think of calling.

"Hello?" he said on the other side of the call

"Susie, she's all alone on the road walking to her home, can you pick her up?" I said

"What?! how can you let her go like that, are you crazy? do you know what time it is?!"  he yelled, he didn't even asked who I was like, somehow he knew its me.

"I can't explain anything to you now" I said and ended the call.

"I need the car keys." I said.

"I'm not letting you drive" she said

"Come with me then" I said and got inside the car.

We looked for her, but she was nowhere to find. It was after 30 minutes we saw her walking on the road, Jenna stopped the car on a side so that she can't see us. Then I saw Steve's car, he rushed out of the car and took her with him.

"She will  be fine" Jenna said.

"How could she? her whole life turned around in one night" 

"She will be fine, because you will be there for her" she said.

_____

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened, I was having trouble sleeping again, I was fine till now, because she was with me, but now she's gone. I couldn't sleep and my body feels like its on fire, my head feels like its gonna explode.

I went to the bathroom and stayed under the cold water for hours. It was 6 in the morning and I still couldn't sleep. I went to the living room and made some coffee, checking my phone. I have her voice mail she left ,the last time I was gone for a few days, she was really worried.

I listened to that, it made me miss her more, everything was perfect last few days, if only I was a normal person like others, I would have never made her cry like I did yesterday. 

I slept on the sofa listening to the voice mail, it was 9 when Jenna came and woke me up.

"You slept here?" she asked. 

"Ugh yeah I guess, what time is it?" I asked

"9 in the morning" 

"I should go" I said waking up.

"What? look at you, you look like a mess, you wanna go to school in this state" she asked

"I am fine" I said, took the car keys and my bag. I was in the parking lot at school, parking my car, when Steve came at me and landed a punch on my face as soon as I got out of the car.