Chapter 36

Newt's POV

Marcus was so quiet, he seemed like the world has stopped for him, he seemed pitiful, even to me. He must be blaming himself for being alive. John went to him and placed his hand on Marcus shoulder to comfort him. 

"Lord Marcus__" he called him in a low voice, Marcus slowly looked at him with tears filled in his eyes.

"John_I__ I killed my parents" He said, tears dropping out of his eyes.

"No__it's not your fault, Don't blame yourself" John said.

"But it's the truth John, how can I not blame myself! I am the reason they died, protecting me, like its even worth protecting me" He wailed into his own arms.

"There is nothing in this world that wasn't worth saving, Marcus. Even the devil himself worth saving and you my dear, worth every single sacrifice." said John comforting him.

"You turned out so good and kind just like your parents wanted you to be, They loved you more than their own lives, they always wanted you to live life to the fullest and happily. At least for them, you should not blame yourself Lord Marcus." John said. 

Marcus didn't say anything but cried his eyes out in the arms of John. John patted his hand on Marcus back trying to comfort him from the pain.

"I don't know if I can live happily after knowing all this John, I don't think I can" Marcus said through tears.

"You can Dear, You will, with time everything will be alright" John said. 

____

I was walking back to Alice house, I still can't think of why in the world a person like Marcus turned out to be the monster. For all the things he did, I should hate him but instead, I pity him. He must have lived his life blaming himself for his parents death. Is that why he turned out dark and evil, But John is here for him, With John beside him, Marcus would have been on the right path only, What happened to him to become the most evil person in history?

I was thinking about Marcus, when I heard Alice voice from afar, It sounded pretty loud to me, I walked fast to reach them and they were standing under a tree, Alice looked very angry on Stella.

"What's wrong with you, Aunt Stella? why did you do that?" Alice asked.

"She was my friend Alice and she died while protecting a monster, He is dangerous and she died protecting him, I can't let him live a happy life without him knowing the truth" Stella said.

"And do you think your friend would have wanted that? her son living his life blaming himself for all eternity?" Alice asked.

"I don't know" Stella said angrily "Cause she was dead, I don't know what she will be feeling. All I know is she died while protecting an evil" 

"Aunt!! Lord Marcus has been nothing but kind to everyone in his entire life and you are saying he's dangerous and evil?" asked Alice.

"He's not a normal witch like us Alice. His powers are dangerous, it shouldn't exist in this world, if he lose control over them, we have no idea what terrible things he could do to the world and none of us will be able to stop him." Stella said.

She is not wrong, he did do terrible things with his power and Alice is defending him here not knowing what he is gonna do to her life.

"He will never be able to hurt people Aunt Stella. I watched him for years, he is not a person that could hurt anyone, and if he could do terrible things with his powers, he would have done it by now but he didn't" Alice said. Stella took a breath and said slowly

"I understand what you were saying dear, even though he didn't hurt anyone till now, he could hurt in the future. He might have control over his power for now, but once he loses the control over it, we can't do anything then." Stella said