chapter 3

I couldn't sleep, I kept thinking about him. He gives me creeps whenever I am near him. I tried to tell myself that he was just being a nice guy and there was nothing wrong with him but the more I think about him, the more mysterious he becomes to me.

I don't remember when I had fallen asleep, next morning when I woke up late and walked downstairs, dad was making me some breakfast

"Morning honey" he said as I was coming downstairs.

"Morning dad"

"I'm going out fishing today, you will be alright home alone right?" He asked placing the breakfast on table for me and went to take his tools.

"Yep.. you go, I'll do the laundry and I also have some papers to write for school. I'll be okay" I said. He, then, left and I've done things that were needed to be done.

I've done my papers for history class by noon and then I watched TV. This is how my weekend usually goes. Dad came home in the afternoon.

"How was the fishing? " I asked still sitting on sofa.

"Good, I've brought some fish," he said showing it to me.

"Ohh...good"

"I'm gonna cook, wanna give me a hand?" he asked

"Yeah sure" I said ans walked to the kitchen. We washed the fish and he cut them into pieces as I was preparing the flavours to mix with the fish.

"How is school going?" he asked and he put the fish in the cooking Bowl.

"It's fine" I said , he waited for a moment and as he added the powders I missed together into the fish, he said.

"Honey, you spend every weekend like this, being home and helping me with the cooking "

"Is that bad??" I asked, seeing the fish if it got cooked.

"No, I mean, you should have some fun like hanging out with friends.. you know? " he said

"Jo has a date tonight, she can't hang out with me today" I said.

"Well, what about you? Interested in any guy at school?" He asked.

"What ? No" I said quickly but Newt crossed my mind for a second. I don't know why. Damn what am I thinking??

Shake his image off of your head Susie.

"You should have some fun" he said placing his arm on my head.

"I Am having fun dad, with you being here" I said. He smiled.

After the fish got cooked, we ate it watching the football game on TV together. Dad had slept on the couch watching TV.

I've done the dishes and went to my room and thought of reading any book. I took pride and prejudice and started reading it. While reading it I thought of what dad had asked me about dating guys, but I'm such a nerd, who would want to date me? And apparently all the guys I like are fictional.

____

Next morning, I went to school and to my surprise no one was making jokes or pranks on me while I was passing the corridor. That's strange, it must be because of Newt's Stunt at the party last night. I opened my locker to take some books and when I closed it and turned around, Newt was in front of me. I almost collided with him, I startled and gasped in fear for a second.

"I'm sorry." He said

"You scared me.." I said getting my breath together. He seemed amused.

"Its not funny " I said