chapter 24

Newt's POV:

"You still wanna go to the party ? Newt look at yourself" Jenna said while I got ready for the party.

I've been having trouble sleeping and all the time my body feels hot from inside out, It burns, I feel like I wanna rip my skin off. I've been enduring it. I had to control this but when I'm with her, I forgot about all this rage and I feel good. So yes I wanna go to the party so I can be at peace at least for some time.

"I'll be fine Jenna..don't tell mom and dad about this okay, I'll be back soon, I won't stay long" I said and left.

______(when newt runs into the woods after the fight with Steve)

I was so angry and scared, I don't know why. I ran into the woods and it was all dark here, there's only moon light and I stopped beside a rock and sat down leaning on to it. I had to control it, but my body feels like it's on fire and I was sweating a lot. How can I make this pain go away.

"Newt..." I hear her voice far way from me, she ran after me into the woods in this dark, I can't believe this girl.

"Newt...where are you?...Newt" I hear her voice coming closer now. I tried to relax and took long breaths.

"Newt..." she found me and came running to me saying my name with so much worry in her voice. How could she still feel worry about me when she saw what I am back there?

"Are you alright?" She asked sitting on her knees. I nodded slowly.

"You don't seem well at all, it's all my fault...I called you to the party and I.. " her voice is breaking like she was about to cry now.

"No....its not your fault" I said. My voice is low, I wonder if she's able to hear me.

"You are sweating Newt...what's happening to you? " she asked while she placed her hand on my forehead.

Then a sudden coolness traveled through me. Her hand felt so cold on my burning skin. What is it in her that's calming me down? I closed my eyes in ease.

"Your hand is so cold" I whispered.

"I'm sorry__ " she said while taking her hand off my forehead. I stopped her, holding it on to my forehead again.

"Don't" I said, still with my eyes closed. "Its making me better"

She didn't move after that, neither did I. We stayed like that for a few minutes.

I feel a little better now. I opened my eyes and saw her looking so worried staring at me without blinking.

"How do you feel now?" She asked still with the same tone of worry. She still got her hand sticked to my face.

I got her other hand and held it in my hand.

"Better now.." I said. She sighed and wiped the sweat off my cheek slowly.

"I'm glad you are okay now" She whispered in a low voice.

I looked down at our hands and asked

"Why are your hands so cold?"

She laughed weakly.

"I don't know" she said. "Are you really okay now? You still seem so weak"

"Why aren't you asking me anything?" I asked. 

She let her eyes down and I don't know what she was thinking.

"I...I don't know what to ask." She said.

"You knew already, didn't you?" I said "Steve told you"

She took a breath and said.

"He had some theories but I didn't think I should believe them"