Chapter 7

It has been a week.

A week since I've left everything and everyone I knew in Virginia. A week since I've started a new life in California. A week since I've made a new close friend. And two weeks since I've experienced heartbreak. Christmas came and went, even though I didn't have the high spirits to celebrate, and the new year was just around the corner.

I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

I sent the charm bracelet and necklace to Virginia with some letters for Cyn and my mom, hoping they had a better time celebrating Christmas than I did. They were sent in a way that wouldn't be traceable. That meant, no address and no scent. Of course, they'd know I sent them but they wouldn't know where I was sending them from.

I've gotten pretty close to Jeremy. He was like a new best friend, although he could never replace Cyn. I didn't tell him the reason I moved here yet, or anything bad that has happened in my life, but it wasn't really necessary. Only happy thoughts, I repeatedly told myself.

I enrolled myself into school and was starting on Monday when the school opened up again. Despite my bad experiences, I still planned to graduate high school and then decide what to do with my life after. I didn't want to finish school online because I also wanted to associate with new people. Maybe the people here weren't as bad as the people in my old pack. The great thing about this new school was that Jeremy attended it. I hoped to have most of my classes with him, just so that I knew somebody.

I didn't really go into town during the week so the Alpha of the nearby pack hasn't sent word for me yet. I'm pretty sure that when I start attending school, I'd be called for. I'd most likely have to tell him the reason why I moved onto his land because it was never smart to lie to an Alpha.

I think that once I got this out of the way, I'd call Mommy and Cyn.

It was Saturday, and I was bored out of my mind. I didn't want to call Jeremy because we hung out all week and I didn't want to be a bother. I also didn't want to leave because I still wasn't familiarized with the place yet. This was another reason I couldn't wait for school, I get bored easily.

Checking the clock, I saw that it was almost midnight. Thinking that it was the best idea, I headed upstairs to my room and went to bed.

I can't wait for school.

***

It was finally Monday and I was so excited. I woke up before my alarm and raced to the bathroom. After doing my morning routine, I headed to my closet. I needed something great to wear. First impressions were everything.

I decided on a white button up shirt with red flowers decorating it, black jeans, and my white Converse. I decided to curl my hair to one side instead of having it curl naturally. Once my outfit was set, and my hair was done, I made my way downstairs for breakfast.

I didn't want anything heavy to eat, so I went with two slices of toast. The elevator dinged just as I finished my last slice of toast. I stepped out of the kitchen and waited until the doors opened fully. Jeremy came out of the elevator dressed in navy green cargo pants, plain white shirt, and white Adidas.

"Good morning, Toby. Are you ready to go?" He asked as he held the elevator doors open for me.

I nodded my head and finished the rest of my orange juice before I grabbed my Sprayground book bag, my room key, wallet, and cellphone.

"I'm so excited!" I exclaimed to Jeremy as I stepped onto the elevator. He laughed as he pressed the button for the first floor.

"I've never seen someone so excited to go to school." He said back, making me stick my tongue out at him. We exited the building and got into Jaden's cab.