Chapter 23

After a short trip, the elevator holding you, Qrow, Ozpin, and Glynda, opens its doors to a pacing Winter and a seemingly calm Ironwood standing in front of Ozpin's desk.

Winter: What were you thinking!?

G. Ironwood: If you were one of my men, I would have you shot.

Qrow: If I was one of your men I'd shoot myself.

Glynda: While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did, certainly didn't help the situation.

Winter: He was drunk!

Glynda: He's always drunk!

You look at Qrow who is currently drinking from his flask.

Ozpin: *sigh* Qrow, why are you here?

G. Ironwood: You've been out of contact for weeks. You can't just go dark like that in the field!

Qrow: I'm not one of your special operatives Jimmy.

Winter: General.

Qrow: Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy and I'm telling you, our enemy is here.

G. Ironwood: We know.

Qrow: Oh! Oh you know. Well thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!

G. Ironwood: Qrow-

Qrow: Communications a two way street pal, you see this? That's the send button.

Winter: They had reason to assume you'd been compromised.

Qrow: And I have reason to believe you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her. I know Ozpin told Y/N to come along but why is she here?

G. Ironwood: Schnee we will discuss this incident back on my ship.

Winter: But sir!

G. Ironwood: Winter! Leave.

Winter: Yes sir.

Winter pauses by Qrow before walking out of the room. Passing by you entirely who is just standing there listening to what just happened.

Y/N: Uh, I think I am missing something here?

Ozpin: We will discuss that in due time Mr. L/N.

G. Ironwood: Qrow, go on.

Qrow: Your little infiltrator isn't just another pawn. They're the one responsible for Autumns condition.

You slowly shift over to stand beside Glynda.

Y/N: *whisper* Who's Autumn?

Glynda: Just listen.

Glynda: What do you mean by that Qrow?

Qrow then turns and looks directly at you.

Qrow: Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers or generals, or headmasters. The people in this room, aside from you currently, the leaders of the other two academy's, we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evil's no one even knows about.

He then starts to walk towards Ironwood, standing right in front of him, he continues.

Qrow: Its why we meet behind closed doors, why we work in the shadows. So you tell me James, when you brought your army to Vale, did you think you were being discreet? Or did you just not give a damn!?

G. Ironwood: Discreet wasn't working.

He then places his scroll on the top of Ozpin's desk, bringing a holographic display up in the center of the room showing Beacon and Vale along with his fleet and the colosseum.