Chapter 37

Y/N: *In your head* This is a stupid plan.

You are currently walking with Weiss to an airship parked by your plane in the airfield.

Cordovin: I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses Miss Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard you were attending Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart.

Weiss: It was time to get my act together and go back to my roots.

Cordovin: Oh I can't wait to see you follow in your sisters footsteps.

Weiss: Absolutely!

Cordovin: I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure that General Ironwood hears that part.

Weiss: And what about Specialist L/N?

Cordovin: Oh. Yes. He will also be escorting you. At least until you get to Atlas.

You nod to Weiss and walk over to your plane as one of the cone head guards attempts to help Weiss with the luggage.

Guard 1: My! What a heavy bag!

Weiss: Oh that's alright.

Guard 2: Nonsense! Allow me to assist as well!

Weiss: I can take care of it by myself.

They all begin struggling with the bag when you walk over to the guards and forcefully make them let go.

Y/N: If Miss Schnee says she has got it. Then she has got it. Understood?

The two guards look at each other before looking back at you and saluting.

Guards: Understood perfectly Special Operative Captain L/N!

They then turn in place and march away in that...weird, way that they do. You watch Weiss walk to the airship and you turn back to yours and get it prepped for take off. You hear the teams voices in the earpiece they gave you.

Weiss: That was close.

Ruby: Is everything okay?

Y/N: Everything is fine. We are both ready to go.

Ruby: Alright.

Weiss' airship lifts up into the air and AIFA gets your in as well before switching controls back to you. You are currently flying to the right rear of the airship. You then watch as Weiss pushes the two guards out with a single parachute between them.

Y/N: Jesus Weiss. You could've at least given them a second chute.

Weiss: Please, they can figure something out.

Grandma has started to turn the airship back and you keep your position with it. 

Weiss: Y/N, we've got a problem. Argus base knows we've turned back.

Y/N: Shit.

Weiss: Ruby, why is the radar still up!?

Ruby: I don't know, Blake isn't responding.

Yang: Keep the ship in one piece. 

A few more moments pass and you see something at the base that catches your eyes.

Y/N: Weiss. Do you see what I'm seeing down at the base?

Weiss: Uh guys. Cordo isn't sending fighters after us. 

You watch from above as the base starts to unfold, revealing a giant mech.

Cordovin: Clearly the people have forgotten that they live in peace because of the awesome might of Atlas!