Chapter 18

Your body floats around a black void, unable to move your body. Panic washes over you, making you cry, but even those couldn't escape your mouth.

It was if you were back in your coma, the endless black void keeping you company, before the death of your mother flashes before your eyes.

A flashback to grade school appears before you, running around on the playground as another student - Sokoi pushes you over. "Ha ha! You fell!". She says, giggling. "I-I didn't fall! You pushed me!". You say, watching your tiny self cry.

"Nobody wants you here!". She says. Bakugo appears next to her. "Yeah! Your a nobody and your quirk is stupid! Even Deku is better than you!". He says, sticking his tongue out.

Your tears flood down your face.

An image of your eyeless mother appears before you...

"Nobody will love you, I didn't. Nobody will".

The sudden alarm of your phone makes your eyes flick open in a hurry. Panting and sobbing quietly into your bedsheets.

Another nightmare...

"I wish they'd stop.." You hum, before sighing, collecting your thoughts together.

It was around 6AM, plenty of time to make sure you could bake the brownies. After getting dressed, you head downstairs quietly to the kitchen, beginning to cook the brownies.

A nice soft oozy middle, sweet fudge overwhelming the taste of the soft dissolving brownie. "Mmmmm!". You hum in delight, putting all the brownies in a box, before cleaning up.

The footsteps of your father could be heard going downstairs.

"Oh? Love what are you doing up so early?". He asks. "Oh, I just- wanted to bake brownies for the class!". You say smiling. "Oh?". "Yeah, because we won't be seeing each other for a few days with everyone going to different apprenticeships". You say smiling.

You hand him a few in a bag. "Take these to work with you, and I hope you have a good day!".

With that, you leave the house, ready to meet Midoriya.

The green haired boy stood waving to you, jogging up to him as you could. "Morning!". He says smiling. "Heya!". You reply. "So, what happened last night?". He asks. "Oh...Bakugo hugged me...I'm pretty sure he was worried that if I died, he'd blame himself for being mean to me". You say giggling.

"Kaachan has been really nice to you lately...do you think he cares?". Midoriya asks. You quickly nod your head. "Of course!". You say smiling.

It wasn't until the buzz of both of your phones cause you to look at each other.

It was a message from Iida.

Iida
Apparently the teachers know about our group chat, and we're all in serious trouble!

"Wait? Why would we get in trouble for this?". Midoriya asks. You shrug your shoulders. "Maybe because of cheating on homework? I dunno". You say, looking back down at your phone.

Kirishima
Are you kidding Iida?! Man, this group chat was fun!

Tsu
I see the sense they could be worried. If they had a teacher in this group then I think they'd allow it

Momo
Yeah, I think it's because with our exams and such, they may think we could cheat

You
I just said that to Midoriya!

Bakugo
Tch, you're always walking with that nerd!

Midoriya
And Kaachan? It's nice walking with Y/N!

Sero
Tagging Y/N to be my mall partner!

Kirishima
Hey! I was going to do that!

Ojiro
Are they going to talk to us about this chat? Some of us don't really interact

You
We need to change this to a family chat. We are a family in my opinion

Mina
O-Kay mama!

You
Mina no

Mina
Mina yes!

Mineta
The girls are fighting! I wanna watch!

You
Who the hell added the pervert?!

Sero
Hell knows. Shut it Mineta

It wasn't long before you reached the gates of U.A,

"So we find out who we're going to be sidekicks to?". You ask Midoriya, walking to your home room with him. "Yeah, Mr. Aizawa is going to talk through it all with us!". He says smiling.

As you head into the classroom, the students were up and around, Mr. Aizawa no where to be in site.

"Hey Y/N!". Uraraka chirps. "Hey!". You say smiling. "It's nice to finally have you back in class". Shoji hums. You giggle. "It feels weird being back normally". You say smiling. "Oh! By the way, I baked brownies!". You say, pulling out the tub of brownies.

Everyone gathered around to get one, leaving a few left to which you put back your bag.

"Oh wow!". Momo hums, flushed cheeks. "These are really really good!". Jirou hums happily. "Yeah! Where'd you learn to bake Y/N?". Kaminari asks, doing his dumb dumb face. "My mom taught me!". You say, smiling. "Hey! I'd love to bake with you sometime!". Sato says, grinning. "I don't mind!". You say smiling.

Dark shadow had a slight blush on his face, grinning. "Thank you, Y/N!". He says smiling. Tokoyami smiles. "These are really good Y/N". He says.

Bakugo had the slightest of smiles on his face, to which Kirishima and Sero barge you. "He won't admit he likes them". Sero whispers. "But he likes them!". Kirishima says grinning.

"all right you lot, sit down". Aizawa says, coming through the class.

"Yes, Mr. Aizawa!". The class say.

You quickly take your seat next to Sero and Kirishima.

"now as of yesterday lesson, we talked about the internships. they'll last a week so you'll only get then to prove yourself. however, those that were up on the board will choose their own options, as for everyone else, you will have yours picked". Aizawa says, fiddling with some papers.

Midnight walks in, standing at the desk watching you all. "At least you all have your hero names picked! Which is why we're processing your internship offers!". She says smiling, adjusting her red glasses.

"it's a lot to think about. there's around 40 agencies to chose from". Aizawa says, mumbling. "each agency has its own ways for heroes, to each ability and quirk". Aizawa mumbles once more.

"Think of Thirteen! You wouldn't want to be fighting villains would you? Ideally you would want to help people instead!". Midnight says, hand on her hips.

"So, we have to chose and agency that helps us with our quirk? Or with what we want to do with it?". Mina asks, puzzled. "Technically they're both right". Midnight says. "but choose with what you want to do". Aizawa says sighing, before yawning.

The bell rings, class still sat down as Midnight and Aizawa hand out the papers he was fiddling with earlier.

Everyone except you had gotten one.