S e v e n t y - n i n e

Not Yet

"I-I'll get back to you." Louis said to Zayn, ending the call in an instant. He continued to scan through the article, shaking his head while he read the horrible accusations written on it. The comments under it were probably twice as worse, and it scared Louis. Even though Harry was a dick to him, he knew that Harry still didn't deserve any of it.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, holding a chicken wing in one hand. He puts it down, wiping his fingers with tissue then glanced back at Louis. He saw how the older boy's face blanked out—mind probably filled with so much thoughts, and it kinda bothered him.

"Hey—are you okay?" Harry walked towards Louis this time, who was still holding onto his phone and scrolling through the article. "Harry—." Louis said, not even looking back at the younger boy. He turned the screen of the phone at an angle where harry could view it better. Harry furrowed his brows as he took a peek at it.

Louis purposefully looked up to the ceiling, just so he couldn't see Harry's face when he reads it. He knew it was heartbreaking to witness, and he didn't want anything to do with it.

Harry then grabbed Louis's phone and went through  the 10 paragraphs written just to ruin his reputation. After a couple of minutes, he checked the comment section of the article—and there, he saw the comments of thousands of people who have expressed their opinions with no filter whatsoever.

I've never liked the guy. I knew there was something off about him.

Typical whore.

Tom is too good for him. Good thing he got out of it early. He'd be stuck with that slut if he didn't.

Poor Tom. He deserves better!

Spoiled brat probably wasn't satisfied. I reckon he gets passed around.

As Harry read it, his vision slowly starts to blur because of the tears building up in his eyes. He blinks, making the droplets roll down his cheeks.

"These aren't true" Harry murmured.

Harry shook his head, eyes lingering and going back and forth to the things that were written about him. Louis hesitantly lowered his gaze and finally glanced at Harry once he heard the boy speak, his voice wavering. And right then and there, Louis's heart broke.

"Woah—what's going on?" Niall asked, just as he stepped into the kitchen once again, holding his laptop and some of his books to settle it on the countertop.

Louis shook his head, "I bet Tom had something to do with this." He clenched his fists, "That fucking prick."

"What did he do—I thought he was—" Niall put his things on the counter and slid by Harry's side. The younger boy's nose had gotten red, eyes watery. Niall squeezed Harry's shoulder once he's seen what was on the phone.

"We have to do something about this." Louis said.

"No—Lou, it's fine. I can just—" Harry sniffled, shaking his head. Harry struggled to speak but continued anyway. "We don't have to do anything. I'll just explain everything to my parents and-"

Louis shook his head before Harry even finished whatever he was going to say, definitely disagreeing. "No. Nope. I'm not letting you do that."

"He's a piece of shit, Harry." Niall bitterly responded—because of how unbelievably wrong Harry was approaching the situation. "You can't just let him do this to you."

Harry wasn't saying a word. His chest was tightening by the second, and he was struggling. Louis couldn't bear it.

Niall tried to calm Harry down by rubbing his back, but Louis gestured for him to stop.