S i x t y - o n e

"So..Tom?"

Harry laughs nervously, "yeah? What about him?" He asks, Niall purses his lips across the booth.

"You're acting like an idiot, Harry." Niall blurts out, staring at Harry annoyingly.

The younger boy breathes in harshly, "a-alright, fine." He crosses his legs and shifts in his seat. 

Harry licks his lower lip, "well—uhm-we just-"

"We just had a small fight—we argued about-uh—some stuff."

Niall stabs his chicken, hard, startling Harry. "You know damn well that I was on the line when that bastard decided to try and rape you. I was fucking th—"

"Ni, he wasn't trying to rape me! He just tried to get me in the mood. We've been together for like—what? Months now? He just wants to get more intimate, and I think there's—there's nothing wrong with that."

Niall cards through his blonde streaks, inhaling. "Harry, please. I'm so fucking tired of you acting all stupid when your sad excuse of a boyfriend is treating you like shit! Do you not know what he's doing to you?" He says through gritted teeth, in a whispering tone.

Harry bites the inside of his mouth to prevent himself from spewing out something stupid. He keeps quiet.

Harry chews on his food, looking down on his lap. Niall frowns.

"Harry, I'm sorry—just please. Please leave him and realise that he's just a huge dick who doesn't deserve you. He's fucking mental."

Harry drops his fork, looking back at Niall. "I can't do that."

"I love him—and he's nice, I swear. You just don't know him that well enough—"

"No, Harry. I already know enough to conclude that he's a disgusting piece of shit." Niall explains, refusing to believe Harry.

Harry sighs, tired. He honestly feels quite dizzy and is not in the mood to argue anymore.

"Can you—can you just drop it? I'm having another migraine." He hisses, gripping his head. Niall looks at him in concern.

"Are you okay?" Niall reaches out to touch his arm. Harry closes his eyes shut, trying to relieve the pain. Harry doesn't respond.

"Have you gotten it checked? You've been telling me about this migraine of yours for days now." He asks in worry.

Harry opens his eyes slowly, rubbing his temples. "Actually, I'm going to visit Doctor Stevens later." He replies, making Niall nod.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

Harry picks on his food, "it's fine. I can go alone."

"Come on, it's okay. Zayn and Louis are in the UK. I'm here all alone—I'm sure I can go with you—" Niall insists.

"I just wanna go alone."

Niall shakes his head slowly, pursing his lips. "Alright, if you say so."

Harry ducks his head down, going silent for a moment. Niall stares at him longingly, trying to look for a reason for him to be like this.

Harry abruptly stands up, "I think—I think I have to go. My appointment is in 15 minutes." He grabs his wallet and his coat.

"Oh, okay. Do you want me to drive you there?" Niall suggests, holding a piece of chicken with his thumb and index finger, clearly he's not done with his meal.

"No, it's okay. I have Frank." Harry forces out a smile, getting ready to leave.

Niall gives him a look, "Are you sure you're okay?"