T w e n t y - f o u r

They all settle in their seats, quickly saying grace before eating.

After everyone almost finishes their food and a bit of introducing and catching up, Harry finally decides to bring out the surprise.

He hops down the chair, walking towards his busy mum in the other side of the table.

He tiptoes and taps her shoulder, "Mummy! The surprise." Harry whispers carefully.

Anne grins and winks, "I gotcha."

"If you may excuse me, I'll just use the loo for a moment. Enjoy yourselves." All the guests nod and continue to chat. Anne jogs her way out of the dining area and quickly opens the refrigerator to pull out the cake, the cookies and the cupcakes.

She opens the drawer to snatch a candle and proceeds to place it on the cake.

Harry appears beside her, "Mum?"

Anne gasps, "Oh dear!"

She sees Harry and sighs, "you scared the heck out of me. I thought I was alone!" She chuckles, pinching her son's cheeks.

"Now let's go out of here and give Lou his surprise."

-

Harry promptly dashes to the light switch to close it and everyone almost chokes on their food.

"What's going on?" Someone asks. A lot of mumbling is heard until Harry comes out with a cake, along with Anne holding the cookie and cupcake platters, the candles being the only source of light in the room.

"Happy birthday, Loubear." Harry starts to sing the familiar tune, staring at Louis and smiling so hard that his cheeks already hurt.

"Happy birthday, Loubear. Happy birthday, dear...." Harry stops his singing, gesturing for everyone to sing along.

"Loubear." Everyone sings.

"Happy birthday to you." Harry finishes.

Louis stares in shock and has his mouth hanging open. Harry runs towards him and hugs him. "Happy birthday, Lou!" He smiles.

"H-Harry—I can't—wow, thanks." Louis is speechless. No one has ever done this before—well, his mum did once but it wasn't as surprising as this one. He literally had no clue that something was going on.

Jay comes over and wraps her arms around Harry, "oh what a sweet boy!" Harry giggles.

-

The night finally comes to an end.

"Today's lovely. Everyone had so much fun." Jay says, "but I'm afraid we need to get going. Thank you so so much for the surprise and the food. We'll be happy to come back next time."

"It's not a problem, Jay. Give me a ring and we'll catch up." Anne chuckles and hugs her.

"Mummy?" Harry speaks from behind, grabbing his mummy's clothes for attention.

"Can Louis please sleepover?" Harry suggests hopefully. He really wants Louis to stay.

Anne turns around, lifting her brow at the question. "Honey, I'm not quite sure. I'm fine by that but Louis' mum—"

"Please." He puts out his puppy eyes, clasping his hands together, begging.

Anne sighs, "Alright, fine. I'll ask." She turns back around and faces Jay. Harry squeels and goes back to Louis.

"Would you like your son to just sleep over? They're having a bit of fun. Seems like they couldn't get enough of each other." Anne looks at them. Harry and Louis are on the couch playing while Niall is beside them, trying to join. They look absolutely adorable.

Jay notices, "They are." She smiles.

"One night. Of course! Yeah, I'm fine with it." Jay answers happily.

"Alright."

-

"Boys! Louis will be staying for the night." Anne declares as she waves at Jay and Lee.

"Yayyyyyyyy!" Harry squeels and jumps, engulfing Louis in another hug.

"Louis Tomlinson, I expect good behaviour." Jay says from the door. Lee waves. Louis nods. "And Anne? We're just over the fence. Tell me if this rowdy boy is doing anything naughty." Anne chuckles. "No worries, I'm sure the boys have everything under control."

"I can hear everything from the house, Louis." Jay warns Louis. Louis rolls his eyes, making sure his mum doesn't see it because if she does, he'll be up for some spanking. "Okay, bye. I love you." Jay finally leaves. Anne chuckles once again, patting Louis' back.

-

"Who sleeps where?" Niall asks, his hand on his hip.

"I dunno." Harry admits, randomly twirling around and playing with his frog stuffies.

"Harry sleeps with me." Louis answers confidently. Usually, Niall and Harry sleeps in the same bed but right now, it's not the usual. Another boy is added to their usual sleepover so it's very hard for a bunch of kids to decide who'll sleep beside who.

Niall presses his lips in a thin line, of course, he thinks. "Where am I then?"

"On the couch." Louis points to the mini couch beside Harry's bed. Niall huffs.

"Alright, fine." He stomps his way over there and lays down, making the couch almost topple over.

Harry notices Niall being upset. He walks over to him and pats his shoulder. "Hey Ni, are you sad?"

"Can't you tell?" Niall queries, his voice a little muffled because of the blanket covering his face.

Harry juts his bottom lip, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Louis is treating Niall unfairly. He blinks at Niall. "I-I'll talk to him."

He turns his head back around and approaches Louis, picking at his nails.

"Lou?"

He lifts his head up and stares straight at him. "Yea?"

"why are you mean to Niall?" Harry asks with hesitancy. Louis glares.

"Because he's taking you away from me." Louis says bluntly, "and I do not want that because you're my friend." Harry flushes and stares at him with wide eyes.

"W-well, y-you guys can share?"

"What?"

"Me?"

//PLEASE READ THIS//
Ew this is so boring NOOOO but I promise you guys NEXT CHAPTER will be dramatic asf OOOOooOF get ready AND by the way GUYS I JUST STARTED PUBLISHING MY SHORT STORY it's called "Kid by the tree" please check it out and vote I LOVE YOU GUYS SM THANK YOUUUU
HERE'S THE SUMMARY OF MY NEW STORY:
(I published only four parts but there are so much more parts to come. I'm currently publishing continuously with this one. Please vote if you like the concept.)

)