N i n e

"Harry! Niall! Let's go." Louis' trance gets interrupted by the loud calling of Harry's mother. Harry blinks up at Louis and slowly hops out of the booth.

"Bye Louis!" Harry waves with a half smile and half frown. Louis nods, this time.

Niall waves too but Louis ignores him.

The young lads exit the restaurant. Harry repeatedly glances back at Louis with the use of the big windows built in every McDonald's place.

Harry hops in to the car as Louis watches the car drive away in the distance.

~•~

"Do you like him?"

"What?" Harry whips his head to the right, where Niall is seated in the car.

"That guy in Mcdonald's, he's mean. He ignored me twice!" Niall complains, playing with the hem of his shirt.

"He's okay, I guess." Harry shrugs and stares outside the window. Harry doesn't really find Louis likeable or dislikeable.

He's more like in between—or a little bit more in the 'like' side but of course he won't admit it.

Niall kicks his feet back and forth, creating a very annoying sound that made Harry cringe.

"Can you stop that?" Harry snaps.

"Uhm, okay." Niall stares at Harry confusingly because of how he acted. Harry is never really the type to get all pissy like this. They stay in silence for a couple of minutes until he decides to break the tension.

"You seem different."

"What do you mean?" Harry frowns, snatching Niall's hand from his thigh and holding it.

"Were you replaced by a robot?" Niall flinches and moves backward, away from Harry. "No!" Harry gasps and bulges his eyes.

"Then why are you all mad and stuff?" Niall furrows his eyebrows. He untightens his seatbelt a little bit because of how his tummy is now bulging out of the belt.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone?" Harry stares up to Niall, giving him a questioning look, Niall nods.

"Pinky promise?" Harry holds up his right pinky finger to Niall. Niall wraps his own irish pinky finger to the british one(haha).

"Pinky promise." Niall says, smiling warmly.

"It's because of Louis." Harry whispers under his breath. Niall comes nearer and asks, "what?"

"It's Louis!" Harry hisses only to get hushed by his mum. "Quiet down a bit, boys."

Harry mutters a quick apology and stares back at Niall. "What about him?" He asks, his brows quirking.

"I accidentally said a curse word and he wouldn't accept my apology unless I do whatever he says for the whole month." Harry sheepishly tells Niall.

"What curse word was it?" Niall mockingly asks, making Harry frown. "I can't say it again!"

"But I just wanna know!"

"Okay, I said-"

"Alright boys, we're here." Maura announces from the passenger seat. Harry quickly shrugs at him.

They both hop out of the car and walk towards the entrance of Harry's house. They both step on to the stair case together, in sync, giggling when they accidentally step on each other's feet.

Anne pats the rug beside the door, pulling out a small key. She puts the key into the door knob and jiggles it around until the door finally clicks.

"Go on in, boys." Anne smiles and gestures for the two boys to come in. They both run inside and hurriedly removing their shoes. They run upstairs almost stumbling on each other.

"Look at them, Anne. Can't believe that they're already running on their own. It feels like yesterday when they took their first steps." Maura proudly states, getting all teary-eyed at the thought. Anne just chuckles.

"They grow up so fast. Last thing you know they would already be in love."