T w e n t y - s e v e n

"Good morning, Louis and Niall!" Harry yells, opening the frog curtains with a yank of the string.

Louis squints and groans. "Ughhh, Harry. What has gotten into you." Niall remains unbothered since he's a very heavy sleeper.

"Louis! Come on! It's Christmas morning. We get to open presents!" Harry excitedly jumps on to the bed where Louis lies. He sits on Louis's tummy, his two legs on Louis's sides. He jumps up and down.

"C'mon! C'mon!"

"Owww! Owww! Stop Harry, you're sooo heavy! I'll be up! I'll be up!" Louis gives up, sitting and wiping his swelling eyes. He can barely open it.

Harry feels accomplished. His next mission is to wake Niall up. He goes over to his mini couch in the room and wiggles the legs of the couch.

"Wake up, Ni!"

Still doesn't budge. Hm, maybe he could do something a bit different.

"Tickle fight!" Harry mercilessly and rapidly tickles Niall's neck and sides until he stirs awake, gasping and panting. "AHHHHH! W-what's—I'm—"

Niall stops and throws the blanket, revealing the couch with a weird wet stain. "Oh no...ay ya yay." Niall sighs.

"Ewwww! Niall peed on the couch. Ewwww! That's so gross." Louis comments, pinching his nose to pretend that it stinks. Well, it does a little bit. Niall growls. "Shut up, Louis. You suck." Louis remains pinching his nose and poking his tongue out.

"It's okay, Niall! We're not gonna clean that! Mummy will..so we can still open the presents! Whoever reaches the tree last is a rotten ham and cheese sandwich!" Harry giggles and dashes out the room. Louis and Niall run afterwards.

They all go down and Harry obviously reaches the tree first. Louis goes in second and Niall goes in last.

"Niall is the rotten ham and cheese sandwich! Hahaha!" Harry laughs, Niall pouts and sits on the living room couch with a huff. Harry notices.

"I'd still eat it! It's a compliment, Ni. Only mummy wouldn't let me eat it but I certainly would if it was you!" Niall lights up. "Really?—" Niall coughs as he notices his tone is a bit too desperate so he changes the pitch a bit. "I-I mean, okay. Cool. Really?" He glances at Louis to see if he got impressed with the man voice he did. He isn't really looking, making Niall huff once again.

"Yeah, Ni! Totes!" Harry grins.

The door bell rings again, this time, Harry knows who it is. It's his dad. He's always in the states for work. He comes home occasionally and it excites Harry because of all the gifts he comes back home with.

Harry runs over to the door and tip toes to peek into the door hole and he is right! He sees his dad tapping his shiny shoes on the cement while whistling to a tune.

Harry quickly opens the door and lights up when seeing the familiar face. "Daddy!!! I missed you so much." He hugs him and the old man chuckles. "I missed you too, Harry!" He pats the little boy's hair.

"Ohh! You've gotten so big. You keep growing and growing every time I see you!" Harry blushes and feels proud. His dad then walks right pass him and slumps himself down the couch, putting his briefcase down with force. His face looks a bit bothered and Harry wonders why. Robin notices Harry staring so he forces out a smile.

"Are you having fun? Introduce me to your buddies here. They seem cool." Robin gestures for Harry to come sit beside him. Harry jumps his way over there.

"Okay, dad! So this one is Louis and that one is Niall." The two boys wave awkwardly.

"Hi, sir. I'm Louis." Louis smiles in a tight line.

"H-hi there, Harry's dad." Niall adds in. The old man chuckles, "aww! No need to get all nervous lads. It's only Harry's papa! Call me Robin."

The two laugh awkwardly and continue standing without doing anything at all. Harry just continues poking his dad's belly while cuddling up to him.

Anne suddenly comes down in a robe with hair curlers in her hair. She yawns and sees Robin.

"Oh Robin! You're back." He stands and goes in for a peck on the lips and a hug. The kids go back to doing their business once seeing the two adults start to engage in a conversation.

"Hey—uhm, honey? Can we talk privately? Away from the kids?" He requests. Anne tilts her head, confused but willing. "Hmm, yeah sure, hon. What's the matter?" They go out the porch. Robin sighs.

"I-I might have gotten into something bad." He admits. Anne's calm state immediately disappeared once hearing that sentence.

"W-what exactly do you mean?" She guides him to sit down. Robin is in the brink of tears.

"I-I've lost my job. I-I was fired a-and—"

Anne frowns, "Robin—I"

"That's not all that happened—I"

"What? I-It's okay, just tell me."

"A-all the money in the bank is gone."

Massive thank you to everyone who is currently reading this book! Your votes, comments and appreciation means a lot. Love you all! :D
-A