e l e v e n

"Hello? Anyone there?" Niall shouts at the fence, putting both of his hands on both sides of his mouth.

Mumbling and rustling is heard from the other side of the fence. The two boys are scared. Especially, Harry—of course.

A head pops up from the fence, evidently struggling.

"Hello there! I'm Zayn." The raven haired boy waves, making him almost lose his balance.

"Is this your ball?" Harry asks, walking towards the fence. Niall grabs the ball with both of his hands and holds on to it tightly.

"Yes I—"

"Hurry up with that, will ya? My back hurts already—ah." Another voice from the fence is heard, higher pitched might I add.

"Okay, lads. Please just give the ball back. My pal here is struggling we're really in need of our ball so would you please—" Zayn tries.

"Oh shut up, Zayn. Just let me—just boost me up." The boy scowls. "Okay, whatever." Zayn mumbles and stares down at him with a frown.

He disappears as he hops down. A new head replaces Zayn's.

"Will you just give us our ball back?"

"Louis?"

Louis stares down and sees two boys, again. What is it with them that he always stumbles upon them—especially that green eyed boy. It's starting to annoy him.

"It's you....again." Louis scowls, rolling his eyes.

"Will you give us our ball back." He adds, crossing his arms on the fence while Zayn is underneath him, dying.

"Okay, we'll—"

"Wait a second, don't." Niall stops, stomping in front of Harry with crossed arms. "Now, why would we?" Niall has had enough. He's sure of it. Yeah, you can say he still wants to be friends with older kids but that Louis guy has passed the line. He has passed the line. He's not scared of them anymore.(He also ignored Niall twice so...)

Louis glares at him with amusement. "Because it's ours, you bread. Are you stupid?" He licks his lips as he says it with complete confidence. Louis Tomlinson never lets anyone step on him. He's a natural when it comes to dominance. Once again, learned it from his brother.

"You don't have to be mean!" Niall pouts, his brows furrowing in the process. Okay, he's lying. He is a little bit scared still. So he's not gonna throw out harsh words. Mission cancelled and will never be done ever again. He doesn't want the older kids to gang up on him. Certainly not.

"Well you're asking for it, you knob." Louis scoffs.

"Lou, hurry up. I'm dying." Zayn says through gritted teeth. He's indeed dying. His back has been stepped on for nearly 30 minutes.

"I'm sorry, j-just—okay, here." Niall surrenders the ball. He reaches up towards Louis' outstretched hands. He yanks it and goes back to his fence.

"You were gonna give it anyways." Louis rolls his eyes and disappears down the fence.

-~-

"Why did you even do that?" Harry whispers.

"I just wanted to be tough and cool for once. Don't ruin my moment." Niall grumbles, kicking a stray pebble off to the tree's trunk.

"But that was mean you know! That was their ball." Harry explains. Niall just stares at him in annoyance.

"Alright I'm out of here. You totally ruined my moment." Niall starts to go back and leave Harry behind in the dark, scary and murky backyard. Harry's absolutely terrified—as fudge.

"H-hey Niall! Wait up." Harry reaches for Niall's shoulder. They go back inside together without even enjoying his backyard.

"That's what I thought." Niall smirks.
-~-

The two boys are tucked inside Harry's bed. They both lay there, staring at the ceiling filled with glow in the dark star stickers.

"Good night, H." Niall says as he curls his body under the sheets.

"Good night, Ni." Harry whispers as his eyes slowly start to droop and his body slowly sets into a deep slumber.