S i x t y - t w o

"A ba-baby?" Harry looks at the monitor in horror.

"Yes, there is a human being inside of you." The doctor says like the fifth time. He removes the gel from Harry's stomach and gestures for him to sit up.

Harry stares down at his tummy and holds it, trying to feel anything.

The doctor chuckles, "You won't be feeling anything yet." Harry still continues to hold his tummy.

"The kicking will most probably start between 16 to 25 weeks of your pregnancy." He explains, placing the probe back into its original place.

The doctor suddenly smirks, nudging Harry's arm. "So who's the dad?" Harry just stares blankly at an empty space, can't really process this whole thing.

"Is it the blonde guy?" He wiggles his brows.

"Lucky you then!" The doctor taps his knees. Harry snaps out of his trance, "what?"

The doctor repeats himself, "I said is it the blonde guy?"

"N-no!" Harry stares into nothingness again, biting his nails.

"Who then?"

Harry slowly shakes his head, "I don't know either."

—-

Harry's now in his LA flat with Niall, preparing for their early flight to London. He keeps silent as he zips up his luggage.

Niall keeps his phone in his pocket and stares at Harry for a quick second. He noticed that he hasn't said a single word when he arrived.

Harry usually says something about his day whether it's just little things like buying a brioche from that bakery a couple blocks away or big things like buying a new car—which isn't really that big of a deal for Harry—but—yeah, the point is that—Harry talks about his day pretty often, and it's not like him not to.

"Hey." Niall says. Harry looks up at him as he's organising his hygiene kit. "Yeah?" He continues to fix his kit, making the little tubes stand up right—it's not really necessary, he just has a bit of OCD.

"You okay?" He asks, Harry nods immediately. He fixes his posture and zips up his kit as he finishes organising. He wipes the bead of sweat slowly rolling down his neck.

"It's a bit hot in here. Don't you think?" He fans himself up with his hands and grabs the ac remote to open the air conditioner. "Frank will be here in 30 minutes. I'll just turn the ac off by 6." He mentions.

Niall continues to stare at him suspiciously until Harry finally notices and looks back, nervously.

"W-what?" He laughs, his voice wavering a bit. "You're looking at me as if I'm a three headed monkey—which I am not, so stop that."

Niall still continues to stare him down. He is not going to stop until Harry budges. Harry is the type to break when he's nervous.

Harry rolls his eyes, "okay what? Now I'm suddenly interesting to look at? Has Niall Horan finally decided to make his hidden attraction towards Harry Styles public by staring at him profusely? Okay, I get it, Horan. I'm interesting to look at—but for the love of God, tone it down a bit, I'm getting really creeped out here."