New friends?

Hotaru's POV

I waltzed over to the group of new faces before me. Or, was it more of a strut? I smirk to myself, hopefully I was able to knock some of the cockiness out of that jackass. Doubtful though, seemed ingrained in his fucking DNA somehow. It was ridiculous how giddy I felt. Granted, it has been awhile since I was able to spar with someone, but fuck I still had a few tricks up my sleeve. Even if he probably was going easy on me, I was still able to duke it out with the Number 2 Hero. That had to mean something, right?

I examined the group before me as I closed the gap. A man with yellow hair, donning a black bolt-like streak with matching yellow eyes waved excitedly towards me, a shit eating grin plastered on his face from ear to ear. He was the one who called Bakugou Kacchan. Must be a group of longtime friends, that's what Deku called him, too. Beside the excitable blonde was a man with strikingly spiked red hair, with matching red eyes shining with happiness and shock, a light scar danced above and below his one eye, shark-like teeth made up the vast majority of his larger than life smile. A woman with soft looking, baby pink hair and matching skin tone with small yellow horns beamed at me while hopping in place, her black sclera enhanced the gold of her eyes. Finally, an olive complected man, with black hair, and bulky looking elbows grinned at me, red puffy eyes telling me this man was high as a kite.

"Well Helllooooo there, good looking!" The yellow haired man closed the gap between us the fastest, holding out his hand while bowing dramatically, giving me a quick wink, "I'm Denki Kaminari, you can call me whenever you want." Wiggling his eyebrows I couldn't help but snort at the audacity this man had to lead an introduction with such a trash pickup line. He had my respect. I took his hand gingerly, smirking. "Hotaru Kobayashi. You can call me Taru." Denki leaned in and gently kissed the top of my hand before pulling me towards the remainder of the group, taking the lead in introductions.

"Miss Taru, the pleasure is all mine, making such a lovely acquaintance. In fact, anyone that can knock Kacchan on his ass is a magnificent creation," Denki dramatically swooned, causing me to snort again, playfully pushing his shoulder. "These are my lovely associates!"

The red head bumped his fists together, activating his quirk and causing his arms to transform into flesh colored rocks, "Eijiro Kirishima! Super manly how you took down Bakubro so quickly!" His smile gleamed with genuine kindness, he was absolutely adorable.

A flash of pink bobbed in front of me, cutting off my examination of the adorable redhead behind her, "I'm Mina Ashido! It's so exciting to finally see another girl around here! Ohmygodwehavetohangouttogethersomedaysoon!" The pinkette squealed with excitement, talking so quickly I could hardly understand her, aggressively grabbing my free hand, jumping up and down. Laughing nervously, I attempted to back away slowly and pull my hands from Denki and Mina's grasp, only to connect with a wall of muscle behind me. A hot, calloused hand placed itself gently on my shoulder before pulling me back. The ash blonde placed himself between me and his excitable gaggle of friends.

"Would you fucking idiots shut the fuck up for two seconds? You're overwhelming the Doc." Bakugou seethed, growling at the group in front of him, causing all of them to flinch and cower slightly. "Her name is Dr. Hotaru Kobayashi, and she's working with me for the foreseeable future. Now, if you fucking shitheads would go back up to the kitchen, we can discuss shit further. MOVE IT!" The blonde bellowed, causing a chorus of yelps and the sound of parading feet to echo down the corridor. I snickered quietly. He really was just an abrasive prick by nature, he's even harder on his friends.

"They kinda suck at personal space. They mean well, but they don't use their fucking heads enough to know when it's okay to jump people like that," Bakugou let out a long, tired sigh, causing me to look up at him for the first time since meeting his friends. His lips were pursed in a thin line, his eyes shadowed by his furrowed brow, looking at me as if trying to read if they had bothered me unintentionally.