This is only the beginning

Bakugou's POV

    We had been sitting in a heavy silence for the last fifteen minutes as the Old Hag had put together a few snacks and my Father made more tea. I tapped my fingers impatiently against Firefly's hip, refusing to let her off my lap. There was no way in hell I was giving the Troll Doll looking fuck an opportunity to say a word to her without me, let alone touch her. I had felt her stiffness immediately once she saw him and had only just begun to relax against me again. I had never asked about the history between the two of them, I knew myself well enough that it would either lead to me getting pissed off and murdering his insomniac ass, or I dwell on the thoughts of her being with a man who wasn't me. I knew better, I knew that if she would have never left, she would have never given him a second glance. I knew that I would have always been her one and only; that didn't help this feeling bubbling inside me. I had no reason to be this jealous, after all I had her back and I would be damned if I ever let her go again.

    My eyes bore into his skull as he thanked the Hag for her hospitality at his last minute intrusion. I just wanted him to get the fuck out already, but if he knew anything of importance, I needed to just grit my teeth and get this over with. I let out a frustrated sigh and slowly closed my eyes, only for them to jerk back open when I felt a small, cool hand cup my face. Firefly was searching my face, eyes lightly glowing a faint red and I began to feel calm, relief flowing through my body, muscles relaxed as I leaned into her touch.

    "You okay, Wonderboy?" Her voice was faint, but still held a sweetness. Of course she knew what I was feeling, I had been touching her nonstop since she came back. I had been hoping to reinforce how much I loved her, but it had backfired and instead she was feeling my anger and jealousy. She was the one who just had her world turned upside down, not me. She was the one who needed consoling, not me. Yet, here she was, helping me stay calm, reassuring me. She was a fucking angel. You're such a fucking mess, Katsuki. Get it together.

    I placed my hand over hers on my cheek, pulling it down to kiss it tenderly. "I'm good, Firefly. Promise." The clearing of a throat snapped my eyes away from hers, and locked in on the heavy lidded purple orbs in front of us. I felt a growl raise in my chest when he rolled his eyes. One of these days I was going to knock that smug look off his fucking face with a smile.

    "So, what bullshit did you have to tell us. It's already late, and we are leaving in the morning, so I suggest you talk quickly." I barked at him.

    "Heh. Well, if you're ready. I wouldn't want to interrupt date night or anything."

    "Shinso that's enough!" Firefly snapped, turning toward Troll Doll, glaring daggers. "I get it. This isn't your ideal situation, but guess what, the shit that is going on right now is bigger than you and I. So, why don't you stop acting like a child and just work together this one time?" We both stared at her; I was pleasantly surprised she had kept her outburst so civil while Eye Bags looked like he had been tased.

    "Now, if that is out of the way, please, tell us what happened. For starters, who is Himiko Toga?" Firefly directed the question towards him, but I ended up answering.

    "Toga has been a member of the league since our first year at UA. She was originally a supporter of the Hero Killer: Stain. However, after Stain's apprehension in Hosu after the Nomu attack, many of Stain's sympathizers reached out to the League in hopes of following through with his ideology. She was a thorn in our side all of high school. Her quirk allows her to transform her physical appearance to that of anyone whose blood she ingests. The more blood she drinks, the longer her transformation lasts. Her quirk evolved, eventually she was able to even use the quirks of those she transformed into which became a larger issue."