Regroup and Rendezvous

3rd person POV

As soon as the front door to the penthouse was open, you flung yourself inside, and dramatically landed on the floor, face down. Groaning loudly, you shut your eyes and slowly begin to replay the bullshit that was this evening's events: 

You had seen Shinso in a less than platonic position at the club with some stranger. 

At some point you had apparently made the subconscious decision to not only welcome, but encourage Bakugou's flirtatious advances. 

Shinso had witnessed said physical escapades and deemed himself valid to start a bullshit fight with you; and in very typical hot-headed fashion, you took the bait.

 You punched your not boyfriend square in the fucking face. At a Hero NightClub. In front of at least several dozen Pro Heroes. 

While intoxicated.

"I had to have broken at least three laws tonight." You groaned into the carpeted floor, earning you a loud 'Tch' from your blonde savior. "Just throw me in the drunk tank and charge me with assault in the morning. If I'm lucky, I won't wake up.

"You're being dramatic, shitty girl. Now get up. If you're going to mope, at least mope on the couch and not the middle of the floor." Bakugou's foot nudged you firmly, motioning you to get up.

"Where did Nice Katsuki go? I want nice Katsuki back!" Whining, you roll onto your back, sprawling your arms out beside you while pouting up at Bakugou's annoyed face.

"Tch, you lost that privilege when you acted like a spaz in the Uber, then started crying over that Troll doll looking dickhead."

"I'm not crying over him! I'm crying at the situation as a whole! It was fucking embarrassing!" Bolting upright, crossing your arms you stick your tongue out at the ash blonde, resulting in him chuckling.

"Better put that tongue away or I will make sure you use it." Bakugou nonchalantly states, grabbing a beer from the kitchen then making his way to the couch.

"I can't fucking stand you, Katsuki!" You fall back onto the floor with a thud, fake sobbing.

"Love you too, Firefly."

Eventually, you stop throwing a brat fit, mostly because you couldn't remember what exactly it was that you were upset with. You had crawled your way over to the couch, perching on the floor in between Bakugou's legs, knees pulled up to your chest, using his knee as a pillow while you both watched a documentary on Netflix he had randomly selected. Playing with the hem of his pant legs, while Bakugou mindlessly ran his fingers through your hair, the air around the two of you was comfortable, peaceful, almost soothing. You just felt so at home; it had been so long since you found this type of solace somewhere, let alone with a person. Sighing lightly, you nuzzled into Bakugou's thigh, triggering a low groan from the man sitting behind you.

"Katsuki," your whisper was barely loud enough to be heard over the television.

"Yea, Firefly?" he muttered back, twisting a few strands of your hair between his fingers slowly.

"I want to try to remember. I want to remember everything." You shifted, turning around to meet his crimson gaze. Even while he was lazily relaxing in a late night stupor, his eyes held an intensity that you had never seen before with anyone else.

"Do you want me to help you?" his voice was sincere, softly hesitant like he was anticipating you to regret his offer.

"I don't know how you could help, but I trust you more than I do anyone else in my life right now. If anyone could help me, I want it to be you." You lean your head into the hand he had been using to play with your hair, gently cupping your cheek. His thumb slowly grazed against the soft skin of your jaw and lower lip as he thought about your words.