Apologies and Promises

Hotaru's POV

"All I'm saying is that it seems to be moving rather quickly. Dynamight has been a notorious bachelor since he first stepped out and made waves as a Hero. Climbing the charts with relative ease and making a name for himself. It makes this difficult to not only swallow but digest. After all, he could have any number of women and men in Japan, how did he even end up with Dr. Kobayashi from Shield Industries is beyond me."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing lightly as I stood in the living room of the Bakugou family home, arms spread wide as Mitsuki continued measuring and pinning sections of a deep, rust orange silk to my body.

"Stop grumbling so much or I'll accidentally stick you, Taru." Mitsuki's voice was muffled by the handful of pins she held between her teeth as she knelt down by my knees.

"Sorry, I just hate the fucking media." I groaned as the two female anchors continued to berate everything they could about me since Katsuki and I's engagement became public knowledge.

"You and Katsuki both, Sweetheart. Don't let them get to you. Just vultures." She mumbled. "They're just pissy because they had the hots for him."

"That's apparent." I snorted, my eyes narrowing at the television again.

"I mean, they've only been seen in public, what, three times tops and there's already a ring on her finger? That's just suspicious to me."

"Well, just because they don't flaunt their relationship like Shoto and Creati or Ingenium and Uravity doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't progressed behind closed doors. Dynamight is a very private man."

"Are we not going to talk about Dr. Kobayashi's sketchy upbringing or the fact that sources have confirmed she has a mental based quirk? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree... maybe she's just digging her claws into a man who has enough wealth and fame to just make an even larger name for herself."

"I, for one, cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact that Japan's Number Two Hero would turn a blind eye to such a crime riddled family."

The television went black, plunging the living room into silence as Masaru stood next to the couch with the remote clutched in his usually soft and gentle hands.

"They have no right digging around in your childhood for gossip. How absurd." He whispered, setting the remote on the coffee table. I sighed, letting my eyes close to keep the tears at bay. I knew this was a possibility, anyone with enough drive and time to kill could find a whole slew of bullshit on me from my past. Police records regarding both parents, recently the very public outing of Uncle Kenji and his dealings with the black market and human trafficking, not to mention my own hotheaded streak at the Academy.

"It was bound to happen eventually. I mean if it wasn't happening now, then it was definitely going to after this weekend. The cameras at the Gala, the size of that ring. Cocktail for gossip." Mitsuki said matter-of-factly as she placed another pin in the hem.

"Heels or flats, Sweets?"

"Heels. Our height difference is absurd. Might as well try to even it out." I huffed out, smiling as I accepted water from Masaru. "I appreciate you guys making my dresses. You didn't have to."

"Of course, Sweetheart. We couldn't imagine you walking down the aisle in anything else." Masaru said softly, taking the measurement notes from his wife.

"You're going to look damn good walking down that red carpet. I dare any of those two faced skanks to say a word." Mitsuki declared with a satisfied smirk as she stood, really showcasing how strongly Katsuki resembled her.