Closer

Hotaru's POV

"You know, I'm shocked she didn't pick 'Thong Song' as her march," I mused while taking a hit from the blunt causing Denki and Sero to wheeze uncontrollably. I exhaled, handing the blunt off to Denki who was wiping tears from his glossy eyes. We had been at the rehearsal dinner for the last four hours. Between setting up last minute decorations, going through the motion for the ceremony, to Katsuki micromanaging the caterers on Kiri's behalf. This day had been draining for everyone, so Denki, Sero, and myself decided to run off and take a "union break."

"Now that you mention it, I'm actually shocked, too. That's definitely Mina's style."

I chuckled lightly as Sero leaned on the wall beside me, nudging my shoulder lightly.

"So, does Bakugou know you're out here with his two favorite morons?" Sero teases while taking his turn.

"Nah, I honestly don't even think he's noticed I'm missing yet. He was on a tirade with the other Bridesmaids screaming at the caterer over the frosting for the cupcakes being wrong or something." I took my turn, pulling smoke into my mouth, letting it cool before inhaling. "Besides, I can't imagine he would approve of this. He's a fucking square." Denki, who had finally composed himself, started losing his shit again at my offhanded insult.

"At least you know his expectations for when you guys tie the knot." Sero adds causally, looking over at me with a lazy grin.

"Well, for starters, I'm not even sure if I'm the marriage type. Second, Katsuki only cares because it's Kiri. If it was one of your two assholes getting married he probably wouldn't even show up." I sneered at him, earning a shocked gasp from Denki and a scoff from Sero.

"Hey! Bakugou would totally come to my and Jiro's wedding!" Denki huffs, face falling into a pout.

"Oooohh. What's that, Zaps? Are you planning on popping the question to your little punk rock cutie?" I grabbed Denki's cheeks, pinching them as I teased the wannabe Pikachu for his inebriated slip up.

"I don't know man. Taru, you turn into a female version of Bakugou when you get fucked up. It's kinda scary." Sero states as he watches with a look of amusement. "Besides, Bakugou is the type of guy who would seal the deal. You might not think about marriage, but he definitely does. When he believes in something he puts his all into it. I've never known him to half ass anything."

I release Denki's face from my grasp, turning my attention to pulling on his yellow blonde locks as I tease him while thinking about what Sero just said. He was right, the memories I had regained, Katsuki was insistent upon us getting married when we were older. Granted, those were the aspirations of a child, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be shocked if that was part of his long term goals. However, was that in the cards for me? I hadn't really thought about getting married, or had a dream wedding for that matter. Everyone else around me always did, girls having every single part of their day planned out to a tee. Was I so bitter from everything that had happened that I had refused to let myself even consider the idea that I would ever get married?

"Well... I mean I can't say I've ever thought about my wedding. I mean, it's not like I had a line of suitors at my door every day," I giggled. We had finally slid down the side of the wall, the three of us sitting on the grass looking up at the cloudy sky. Denki had fallen sideways, his head in my lap as I played with his hair, my head laying against Sero's shoulder as the raven haired man traced the paisley pattern of my dress against my calf. We were fucking butt-stonked.

"I find that hard to believe." Denki snorts in my lap picking at the grass lazily.

"It's true. I never had a boyfriend while in the Academy. Most of the boys were scared of me; I had a reputation and those who weren't afraid of me were afraid of my Uncle. When I went to college, I had one boyfriend for whooping six months. He was the first guy I ever did anything with, but it was bad. I hated every second of it, every single time. So, I gave him the 'It's not me, it's you' speech. Then I was single for years before I met Shinso."