Dirt Room

3rd Person POV

4 days earlier: Kamino Ward

Deku stood beside Shoto, listening to his earpiece as Tenya and Ochako reported surveillance. The building several blocks away had once been a fraternal club, but had shut down not even a year after the revival. From the outside it was easy to presume it was condemned and kept prying eyes at bay, however from using the infrared goggles Momo had used, it was clear to see residual heat from the building habitants and four distinct heat signatures easily defined as people.

"Alright, Shinso, are you ready?" Deku asked, readying himself as the crackle of green current illuminated his skin.

"Ready. In position with Red"

"Perfect. Count down from five, four, three, two,"

Red Riot slammed through the front door, Shinso following close behind as Shoto sent a wall of ice surrounding the building, cutting off all possible exits. Deku leaped to the top of the building, kicking in the roof access door and beginning his descent with Uravity following close behind. Tenya and Shoto remained outside in the event the villains attempted to escape as Mina and Momo entered as a second wave through the back door of the building.

Once inside, Red Riot and Shinso immediately began engaging with a handful of small-time thugs, none of them easily recognizable.

"Deku! Shinso and I are engaging. None of these guys are Class A or S villains. They all seem to be deadbeat thugs."

"Copy, Red Riot! Uravity and I are on the fourth floor scoping it out." Deku nods uravity to the left as he investigates the remainder of the hall. Nothing. Rooms that had been converted into makeshift bedrooms, some looking like actual sleeping quarters, others nothing more than squatters temporary bedding. After the fourth floor was all clear, Deku and Uravity continued sweeping each floor. Still, nothing.

"All villains on the main floor have been contained, the police have been notified and are en route."

"Good work, Pinky and Creati! We are coming down!"

After regrouping on the first floor, all rooms came clear. There was no sign of Melissa as Toga had said. Deku began to feel agitated, he had believed Toga because she had seemed so sincere, like she didn't believe in what Dabi was trying for, didn't agree with him. Maybe he was still too naive.

"Deku! Come check this out!" Pinky hollered down the hall, motioning for him to hurry. Before her was what appeared to be a typical pantry, but after opening the door, the shelving was missing and the wall in the back of the pantry was visually darker, grimier than the rest of the walls, small gaps and seams lacking seals. Red Riot stepped forward, pushing against the wall, triggering a mechanism that had the door slide quickly to the side, revealing a dark stairwell. Looking back, he nodded to Deku and proceeded into the darkness, his friend following closely behind.

"Shoto, the main floors of the house were all clear, but Pinky found a hidden door. Red and I are exploring. Remain on alert."

"Copy, Deku. Be cautious."

The stairwell went down several floors, with scant lighting, little more than an incandescent bulb every so often. Once they reached the solid concrete floor, Red Riot hardened, leading the way as they continued down the slim hallway, no doors, no rooms. A single doorway sat at the end of the hall, soft noise and light growing stronger as they approached. Signalling for Deku to stay back, Red Riot slowly entered the room, looking around. Looking at the television he saw the replay of the news report that had kickstarted the rumors around Bakugou and Hotaru from their night out at the club.