Exhaustion

Present Time

Hosu, Japan. Dynamight Hero Agency

The splashing of cold water on my face startles me lucid.

"Shiiitttt" my teeth chatter as I sit up in the tepid water, rubbing my hands up and down my arms quickly before climbing out of the tub, grabbing a towel. Wrapping myself in the soft wooly warmth, I reach down and pop the plug. Standing there, watching the water swirl down the drain, I try my best to recall my dream. The only things I could remember were eating ice cream, kissing someone, and a pair of haunting, crimson eyes. Mentally shaking myself, I make my way to the sink, brushing my teeth, combing out my hair, touseling it dry a few more times for good measure before getting dressed in an oversized shirt and cotton shorts.

Humming to myself, I exit the bathroom only to be met with a glaring, vermillion stare that stopped me in my tracks. Holy shit, they look uncanny.

"Took you long enough, I thought I was going to have to kick the fucking door down," his voice gruff with annoyance as he brushes past me, closing the door behind him with a snap.

"Sorry, Wonderboy!" I sing out lightly, wondering how long I was actually in there. I decided to grab my phone and charger before making my way to the king size bed and nesting on the one side, then beginning to scroll through what nonsense I had missed the last twelve hours.

I clicked the home button. 02:06am and I had 5% battery left, 6 text messages, 3 missed calls, 3 new voicemails.

I opened the messages, three were from Lydia, three were from Shinso. All three calls were from Shinso, as were the voicemails. I chuckled, this boy hadn't so much as texted me a good morning in months, now he was blowing me up. Guess all it takes is trying to die to get a man's attention.

I decide to start with reading the texts first:

Toshi Boi

Hey Kitten, let me know when you get settled in Hosu.

19:45

You make it safe?

21:05

Seriously, I'm getting worried. Did that arrogant prick kill you already?

23:00

Lydia Meow

Hey Sweet cheeks, I hope your flight went smoothly!

00:04

I forgot about the time zones, fuck. Hope I didn't wake you.

00:06

Love you, bebe! Text me when you can <3

00:10

Voice Message: 23:25 Thursday

Hey, Kitten. You're probably sleeping. Fuck, I'm sorry I keep bugging you.

*Beep*

Voice Message: 00:30 Friday

Kitten. Look. *Sigh* I really hate that I'm not there right now. Don't forget to take your meds. Please.

*Beep*

Voice Message: 01:30 Friday

I am so close to just getting a fucking cab and driving up to that agency. This is killing me. FUCK. Please be okay.