Trauma bond

A/N

Hey! So, totally optional but I added "Sick Like Me" by In This Moment because I feel like deep down this song is just a perfect description to Hotaru and Touya's relationship. I think it helps the chapter flow and better understand the struggle going on between them. I hope you guys like this chapter! I love hearing from you guys so don't hesitate to comment! Love you guys, stay hydrated! 

~~Tilly~~

Dabi's POV

We had no sooner stepped through the other side of the portal when her knees buckled, her stoic disposition she held as we walked off together crumbled away leaving her as nothing more than a pile of hurt in every sense of the word. I stood there, looking down at her, my hand still intertwined with hers as frantic sobs mixed with gut wrenching screams. I couldn't find it in myself to pull away from her, even as her emotions poured into me like a waterfall, a faint glow encasing us as I crouched down beside her and enveloped her in my arms. I felt it all. It was like every muscle fiber in my heart was being shredded individually, my eyes began to burn from the lack of tears my body was trying to furiously produce only from blood to slowly seep from beneath my staples. She was destroyed, wrecked, broken. I felt every single emotion that swept through her, the self doubt, the hatred, the longing, betrayal. She had completely given herself to him, that much was apparent. She was so in love with him. Jealousy swelled through me at the thought of all the ways he had potentially shown her love, adoration, and intimacy. It made me sick that he had been able to even touch her. Not anymore, though. No, she was where she belonged again; with me and it was my turn to win her back.

I smoothed her hair down with my free hand as she continued to squeeze onto the other as though it was her only lifeline, the only thing keeping her alive, grounded, sane. She needed me; it was everything I had been wanting, waiting for. I leaned in, trailing tender kisses from the crown of her head to her hairline, brushing the sweaty strands away from her face to kiss her forehead.

"There, there. Oh my poor sweet Doll. I know you're hurting, but it's going to be okay. I'm here. I should have never left you, I'm so sorry." I muttered into her hair, inhaling deeply as I held her head to my shoulder, rocking her gently as I shushed her. Berries. She still smelled like a field of sun-ripened berries on a summer day, even after all these years, her perfume only enhancing it, maturing it slightly. I suppressed a groan, relishing in the moment as I was so incredibly elated the little things about her had remained the same.

"Touya." It was soft, delicate, filled with sadness and heartache. But, it was still my name, a name that I hadn't let anyone call me for a very long time. It was Dabi now, even her Uncle called me Dabi. She was special, though. Special privileges for special girls.

"I'm here, my Doll. What can I do for you, pretty girl?" I rubbed circles on her back, trying to soothe her as she grasped the front of my shirt, shaking her head viciously.

"Make... it...Stop...p-please. I.. I ca-an't..." she was gasping for air in between her words, a frustrated cry wailing from her when she couldn't form the words she wanted. I held her, letting her cry and scream everything out, the glow around us growing brighter as the jolts to my nerves increased. My fingers twitched, my heart began to race, my breathing was ragged. She was having a panic attack. The glow became a bubble, growing in size around us, the floor cracking slightly beneath us. Shit. She needed to calm down or things were going to get a lot messier. I grabbed her chin, tugging her face up to look at me. Her eyes were bloodshot, filled with tears and swollen. What was left of her makeup streaked and smudged between her fighting, crying, and burying her face in my shirt. The blood dripping from her nose had started to clot, her lips trembling.