Into The Darkness

Bakugou's POV

The soft melody of Firefly's alarm coaxed me awake, as my eyes squinted against the light from the hotel window. Grunting, I reach around you and silence the phone hoping to get a few more quiet moments before the stress of the day would begin to overwhelm. Days like this, full of emotions and energy, I didn't envy Espers. I had given you a hard time yesterday for smoking with those two empty headed idiots but I understood why you did it. Still, even as you made progress and hardly relied on anxiety medicine much, if at all anymore, I was worried. The commission was always in the back of my mind, if we ever did apprehend those assholes and this new makeshift League, would they still want you on a leash? If I asked you to marry me would that negate my assignment? I sighed into your hair, pressing my lips to your head. I wanted nothing more than to take you away from this world. I wanted you to finally have peace, to have some semblance of normalcy. You deserved that much.

I watched as you stirred beside me, nuzzling into my chest as your cool fingers trailed down my sides, letting out your own happy sigh. A small smile on your sleeping face, muttered against my skin. You were so perfect, just looking at you made my heart flutter and my stomach drop. You tossed again, stretching slowly as a soft yawn leaves your lips. I traced your cheekbone with my thumb, softly trying to rouse you.

"Good morning, Firefly." I hazed, trailing kisses down from your forehead, to your temple, across your cheek, and finally the tip of your nose. You hummed softly, tightening your arms around my chest.

"Good morning, Wonderboy." Your voice is hoarse with sleep, but still light as air.

"How'd you sleep?" I stroked your lilac hair gently, twirling the ends in my fingers.

"Amazing because I got to sleep next to you." A chuckle rumbled out of my throat as I pulled you closer against me.

"You ready for the day? It's going to be a little bit of an overload for you." I warned, looking down to study your sleepy face.

"I think I can handle it. If all else fails I'll just take another union break." You breathed out, teasing me again for my scolding. I flicked your nose causing you to squeal and scrunch your face. 

"Katsuki! So mean!" You whined, rubbing the palm of your hand over your nose.

"Hmph, I haven't done that in a long time. That was nice. Brings me back to before, when we were younger." I muse, thinking back to how that used to be how I always greeted you, got your attention when you were having a spacey moment, or when you would get sassy. Sighing, I let my head fall back against the pillow. We laid together in silence, basking in each other's presence and communicating through simple touches. You could read my emotions well enough at this point it very well could have been mind reading. I ran my fingers along the delicate skin of your collarbone and chest, reveling in the sensation of your quirk sending jolts to my nerves, vibrating beneath my touch. You had mentioned that this didn't happen with just anyone, that only two times had anyone had this affect on you, on your quirk. It made me obsessed with touching you. I wanted to remind you that even subconsciously your body knew when I was there, when I was touching you. As always, you held some sort of ability to make me feel special, to reinforce my own narcissism. Always showing me how amazing I was in your eyes. Fuck, I didn't deserve you.

"I love you, Katsuki. I think... I think I made up my mind." Your voice was hushed as your soft fingers traced along my jaw, staring into my eyes an intense, determined look.

"What's that, Firefly?"

"Yes. I will move in with you, Katsuki."

************