✖Seeing✖

Inspiration:

I have this guy friend I met through my other friend who's a girl and we just had our first Skype voice call recently...so the friend who's a girl told me how his voice was so 'comforting' (ahahahahhahahha) and for some reason my brain is wired to always think in the romantic direction so I thought, she likes his voice, but since it was a voice call I couldn't see them, he couldn't see us and she couldn't see..us..so yeah, this story was born XD (I suck at explanations please excuse me)
-

♠ short story ♠

I think...I'm falling in love.

With a voice.

It's weird, I know. The thing is...

I can't see.

He stays by me everyday. I got into an accident a few months ago, and I met him then. I've still been in the hospital recuperating, and he never fails to visit me every single day.

He was helping out at the clinic as a volunteer and he told me he had been helping a nurse push some medical tools somewhere when he saw me being rushed in, unconscious, towards the operating room. He asked the doctors later what had happened to me.

That was how we met.

Such a simple question out of curiosity, led to him inquiring my name, and slowly, where I lived,what were my favourite hobbies, you get the gist.

His voice was always oh so comforting, like the chocolates that came wrapped in those expensive boxes you give your loved ones on Valentine's Day and Christmas. Sweet, and velvety.

He helped me move around if I wanted to, he brought me soup, and fed me spoonful by spoonful. My injuries have been getting better, and I'm almost ready to be discharged.

Now, I'm thinking.

A voice is but a voice, isn't it?

Even though it belongs to someone, I can't see his face. And because I'm falling in love with his voice, it scares me. It really does.

...I hate how the human mind works.

My doctor came in a few days ago. He told me they found a match for my eyes. A woman in her early 30s, he said, tragically stabbed to death by a robber.

The first thing I thought of when I heard that was, wow, a robber? It sounds so...childish. Like something you'd find in a middle schooler's writing, desperately trying to dramatise his or her story.

My eyes were sea green. People said they were beautiful, 'sapphire melting into the green', they said. Would they make him like me further, even if it was just as a friend? I wondered.

I wasn't worried about the colour of what my 'new eyes' were to be, though.

I was worried about the voice.

What if, when I opened my eyes, I saw his face and all my passion for him evaporated? It was too beautiful, too dreamlike. I wanted to hold onto it forever and never let it go.

But how would I do so if I couldn't?

..Is being able to see really better than living in total darkness forever?..

♦♣♦

Hey guys, so hope you liked the story :D

Please feedback below and tell me how I can improve on it :3 Love you guys✖

♥Bella