Thinking of You

Inspiration:

By the way, I later further edited a tiny bit of this story and added in a little more to the story, so maybe y'all would like to go back and reread this - if you've already read it - so that y'all don't miss out on the edit. If it's your first time reading, however, thank you for clicking on this book, and I hope you enjoy!♡
-

○ short story ○

You have no idea how much I think of you.

You have no idea.

-

People will say it's weird how one can think so much of one person that every few minutes, their train of thought is often interrupted by this one person. I, too, once thought that was ridiculous and utterly impossible. After all, how could someone possibly think of one thing, one person, that much, such that everything they faced, everything they saw, every thought they had in their daily lives, all led back to one person? It was utter nonsense.

The thing was, that all changed after I met you. And I say 'after', because of course, these things didn't immediately happen the moment I met you. It wasn't 'love at first sight', no - it was more of a bud shut tight during winter, swelling with the promise of new-found life and friendship, and when spring came, burst into vibrant petals and new feelings, greater opportunities.

When I met you, you didn't even stand out that much to me. You were just one of all the new friends I had made, you weren't yet anything special. I had other friends I favoured over you, other friends I hung out with more. I never even interacted much with you, now that I think about it. You didn't really hold such significant value in my life then. And it was for several months - many, many months, and it was only 6 months after I met you that I had begun to question exactly how I felt towards you.

You were silly and goofy, and you still are. You laugh with so many people, playing little pranks on them - which I always find adorable, because you are always adorable - and whenever they ask me, "How on earth do you put up with her?" I just shrug and smile, pretending I have an unusually high amount of tolerance for 'irritating people', but my heart replies that I never even have to put up with you at all - everything you did was quirky, funny, and again, adorable.

You caught me hook, line and sinker, without even being aware of it.

When we were playing that game with our friends, 'Double Wacko', and another of our friends was about to tap my head because the girl behind me hadn't called out the name of anyone else - you reached out to try and protect me, to stop her hand from touching my head. Still, I got tapped anyway, and I ended up tapping you next because the girl behind you hadn't called out anyone else's name either - I took the opportunity to ruffle your hair, and you didn't seem to mind.

You left me wondering if you cared more about me than anyone else. But then again, you were exceptionally friendly to everyone.

-

A few days later, I couldn't find you or any of the other girls, so I sat down at a table to eat alone. I was halfway through my bowl of noodles, and suddenly, you popped out of nowhere, told me I looked lonely, and picked up the bowl, taking it to the table, where my best friend was sitting. She told me I 'looked like a loner', and I smiled. I had been well aware of that and in fact had been hoping to quickly finish my noodles so that I could get the hell out of the canteen and that awkward situation. You walked away, and for a moment I felt hurt. Maybe she was just helping my best friend to get me over because she asked, I thought. About three minutes later, however, you returned to the seat beside me, a bag of chips in hand. I couldn't help the relief that surfaced in my heart.