Dear John

I woke up after feeling the plane land. I got my things and and called a cab then my best friend Sara, "Hey M!"

"Hey Sara, I was wondering if I could use your house out in the country?"

"Yea sure, my mom doesn't care. Why?"

"I just need to get away for a while."

"Ok, text me when you get there. And you do remember where the key is right?"

"Yea, in the flowerpot."

"Alright, bye M."

"Bye Sara." I told the cab driver the address and we pulled up to the driveway about 45 minutes later, I paid him and got my bags then walked into the house. I texted Mike saying this, 'Hey Mike, I'm at my friends country house.' I turned on my laptop and went to YouTube, I typed in Forever & Always by Taylor Swift. I heard my phone off, 'Ok, we're all worried about you baby.' I didn't reply but started to unpacked since I would be here for a while. When I was done I grabbed my song book and started to write. I turned out writing all about John, "Counting my footsteps praying the floor won't fall through, again." I sang and played my guitar which made me think of Mike and how he played the guitar with me. I wrote down some stuff and saw I had almost 50 missed calls from Randy, Phil, Chris, Adam, and mostly John, I had like 60 text's from everyone asking where I was and if I was ok which I wasn't. I put my guitar down and turned on the TV then fell asleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing, it was Mike.

"Hello?" I said sounding tired.

"M, where are you?"

"Michigan, up in a friends house."

"Megz please come back."

"Mike, I.... I just..." I couldn't find the right words to say."

"M&M, I love you and I miss you so much."

"Mike..." I paused, "Can I call you back later?"

"Yea..."

"I'm sorry..." I said before hanging up. I grabbed Mikes plaid button shirt up shirt I stole from him and some jeans then walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

I got out and grabbed my song book and guitar then walked out on the porch and sat on the bench swing and started to play, today I'm gonna work on my music and ignore everyone I thought to myself. My phone rang and it was Randy so I answered.

"Hey..."

"Megan where are you?" Randy asked me sounding worried.

"Don't worry about me Randy, I'm up in Michigan."

"Why?"

"I needed to get away from everything for a while."

"M, come back." I hung up. Do they not know what 'I need to get away for a while' means! My phone rang again and I didn't look at the caller ID before answering.

"Hello?"

"Megan, what the hell." They said coldly and I looked at the caller ID, John.

"What John."

"The note you left me, it's mostly my fault?! No it's not Megan!" I started to tear up.

"Yes. It. Is. And I've know that the passed months you've been acting weird and I know why, that stupid bitch who thinks she can be my mother." I hung up and threw my phone at the door then heard a car pull up, I looked over at it and saw Mike step out. He stood there waiting for me to react, I ran into his arms and he held me the tightest he ever has.