F O U R T Y • E I G H T

Ariella's POV

Ariella's POV

"Your bestfriend, is that all I can be?" He asks and I feel my heart stop for a second. "What.."

What the fuck am I supposed to say.

Oh god someone help me.

I'm in a crisis what is he gonna say.

"Am I always just supposed to pretend like I only see you as a fellow member or friend?" He asks, his gaze staring back at mine. I sit there silently looking at him.

"Each time I see you, there's something, just anything I want to do, like praise you, hug you just anything, but I stop myself before crossing the line. It's so hard to do that."

"Why.."

"Gosh I cant even fucking flirt with you as a joke because I'll take it seriously."

My eyes widen even more, watching him roll on his back in frustration.

"What am I supposed to do? I feel like a fucking Jake."

I let out a small laughter. "Whats wrong with being a Jake, what do you wanna be then hm?" I tease.

"A Jungwon."

He looks at me and I don't say anything, my teasing smile slowly dropping. "If you haven't already guessed I fucking like you Ariella and I have no fucking clue what to do with that knowledge. I'm always worried about where you are in case you're in danger. I wanna know how you're feeling, if your hurt, sad, if you're happy too. Gosh and do you know how much I just wanna cuddle with you when I see you watching a show on the couch with all those blankets?"

My cheeks become red.

"But I always stop myself before I... yeah I just stop myself because I don't know what will happen after that."

He makes eye contact with me and sighs. "I'm sorry.. but I'm telling you this so you know. And I know you know, and you know that I know you know."

At any moment I would laugh, but I was too busy thinking about what he had just said.

And I thought this was one sided because he didn't do those things.

Oh fuck what do I do now.

We stare at each other, a silence surrounding us.

"Now that you know, I'm hoping these feelings won't build up on their own anymore and pass over."

My eyes widen as he sits up, walking towards the door.