F I F T Y • F O U R

Again, idk how some of y'all still read this shit that's somehow called a book

Ariella's POV

"I can't find any similarity in these pictures. No connection."

Private had given me pictures, and now I need to find what the similarities were?

"Why would they need to familiarise themselves with these places?" I ask into the phone, Daiki sighing. "I have nothing too."

"I think I'm gonna go die now bye."

We hang up and I pack up the pictures.

I hear a knock on the door and look up. "Come in."

I open my bedside drawer and push open the top, a flimsy thin plate of plywood lowering. I place the envelope of pictures there before pushing it back until I hear a click.

"What were you doing?"

I turn to Renjun and smile. "Nothing, just looking over some pictures." I say before laying back on my bed, watching him close the door.

"Can't sleep in Donghyucks room?"

Recently after what had happened in Renjun's room, he's slept in Donghyucks room with him as it was the only other single room.

Even though we cleaned up everything, I don't think anyone can really step into that room until things have calmed down.

"I think he sleep talks and it scares the shit out of me because then he suddenly punches me."

I short laughter escapes my lips, smiling at the terrified man. "Well you can sleep here. I don't think I sleep talk or sleep punch whatever." I shrug, standing up and walking to my bathroom.

Stay calm.

Stay casual.

It's not like the guy you fantasise kissing sometimes is gonna be sleeping beside you on your bed.

I take my contact out and put it in its small compartment, screwing the lid shut and placing it by the sink.

I rub my eyes as they become sensitive and itchy, a small tear escaping the one eye. I wipe it away and look in the mirror, seeing my greenish grey eye and brown eye beside each other.

"Why do you always look at your eyes like that?"

I turn to Renjun and frown. "Like what?" I ask and he shrugs. "Like you hate them."

"I do hate them."

I walk over to the bed, getting under the covers as he sits in my side, looking at me. "Why?" He says, standing up and walking around to the other side of the bed to lay down.

"They're ugly. And they give away my identity."

I turn to look at him and see him already looking back at me. "Do you know how many times I pray you aren't wearing your contacts so I can see your real eyes?"