T W E N T Y • S I X

Ariella's POV

Ariella's POV

"Back when I used to call you Ama."

My eyes go wide.

"When did you call me Ama? I've always been Ariella or Ari, or Ella." I tell him, feigning confusion. "I'm not dumb Ariella, I know you know we first met as kids."

"We first met in that dance practice room."

"No we didn't."

"We did."

"Ama we di-."

"Ama is not my name."

I raise my voice at him, his eyes meeting mine. "Why are you hiding it? I'm not going to tell anyone. Have I told anyone so far?" He asks and I scoff.

"It's late. You can leave."

"Not till you admit it."

"I can't admit something that isn't true." I tell him as I hop off the bench. "You can not say this shit to me right now. I have the right to know what really happened." He suddenly says, causing me to avoid his gaze.

"Nothing happened."

"Bullshit nothing happened!"

I slightly flinch at his sudden yell, staring at myself in the mirror as I couldn't bring myself to look his way.

He hops off the bench, standing close to me. "My father died Ariella, he died because he decided to save you from that cruel man."

I cast my eyes down. "Don't you think after what he's done, I at least have the right to know the gravity of the situation back then?" He asks again quieter, his breath fanning my ear.

"It'll only put you in danger."

I turn towards him before walking past, going over to my phone on the bedside table. "I don't care, just tell me Ariella."

"I said it'll put you in more danger, just stay out of it."

I soon feel his hand on my wrist, pulling me back as I bump into his chest. "Tell me."

I rip my wrist from his grasp, walking away once again.

"PARK ARIELLA."

I turn my body around, looking at a man who looked so vulnerable.

He had his walls up this whole time.

He's crashing them down to know.

To know what really happened.

______________________

"I'm sorry."

I look at Renjun beside me. We were on the floor leaning against the bed, his knees up as he head hung low.