S I X T Y • T W O

Ariella's POV

Ariella's POV

I look down at my phone, my AirPods in as I hold onto the video file an unknown number sent. I press the play button and listen.

"Private."

"Ariella."

My eyes widen.

"So, why the sudden appearance?"
"You told Kento about his sister."
"I did."
"Why."
"Why do you refer to yourself in third person, you're his sister."
"I haven't seen him in years, thought he was dead. He might not be the brother I still remember."
"Well with the stories you've told me private, he seems the same.. with some added tattoos of course."
"How is.. he? And Daiki?"
"They're both fine. Both healthy."
"Is that-."

I hear a door open and close before the video ends.

"Fuck."

"What?" Renjun asks, the car still waiting at the red light. "That's.. that's why.." I mumble, widening my eyes.

The light turns green and Renjun steps on the accelerator, but as I look up I see a car speeding straight on towards us.

"WATCH OUT!"

I grab the steering wheel and pull to my side before turning back to the other side, getting a glimpse of a face when passing the car.

"Oh what the fuck was that!"

Renjun gains control of the steering wheel as we drive back into our lane, looking back in the review mirror at the car that stopped.

"Keep driving."

I look back and see the car open their window, their arm waving back at us before leaving.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck."

Renjun glances at me from time to time as I run my fingers through my hair, making a call.

"Yo what's up. If you're asking for money to repay you for all the food I stole, no."

"Daiki."

"Oh shit it's serious, what?"

"It's time."

___________________________

"Why.. why are there more guards around? And how hasn't the company noticed."

"The boss is a rich man. Has rich people connections. And apparently he's fucking friends with Lee Sooman." I reply to Mark, closing the blinds of the dorm.