Addylan

Addison's POV
"Hey! Are my moms around? I wanted to ask them something." I asked. I just walked into my parents live room. "They're in their room, but you should wait until they come out. They were having a very tense conversation." Cyan said. "Ok. I'll wait." I said. I plopped down into Reds roller chair and it slid back into the wall. I opened my phone and started scrolling through it. After a second, I heard something. I could hear the faint sound of my moms talking. "You don't get it Kayla! It's been apart of my family for decades! Everyone in my family has gotten married in their teens!" Alex exclaimed. My eyes widened. "I get that babe, but Addison deserves the right to make that choice herself. She doesn't even have a girlfriend! Just let her be." Kayla defended me. "I know that. And I'm not saying she shouldn't make the choice herself. I just wish that she would follow through with it like I did." Alex said. I immediately got up and left.

Dylan's POV
I'm in Riley's room with Retro and we're playing video games. "You could just ask her" Riley said. "Dylan? Ask a girl out? Ha! You're crazy" Retro laughed. "You're not wrong" I sighed. "And you're completely sure that Addison hasn't noticed? I mean, you two are always being cute together." Retro said. "Yeah I'm sure. She thinks its just good fun." I said. Riley's character exploded. "Oh you bitch! What the hell!?" Riley said. Retro laughed. "You deserved it." I said. "Oh did I? Well then maybe, I'll just tell Addison myself about your not so secret feelings for her." Riley growled. "You better not!" I snapped. Riley smirked. "Maybe Riley has a point. You should at least try to ask her out." Retro said. "Ugh! Fine. I'll try." I groaned. 

Addison called me into her room. "You needed me?" I asked. "Yeah. I've had a hard day." She said. She does look stressed. "Perfect! Then you should definitely come out to the movies with me tonight." I said. She was stunned. "Just the two of us?" She asked confused. "Yes. Just us." I said. She smiled. "Ok. That sounds nice." She said.

Addison's eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. She didn't once look over. I tried though. I slid my hand overtop of hers and she didn't notice for a while. But eventually she moved it to hold up her head. I started to get annoyed. I don't understand how she can possibly be this oblivious. This isn't the first time this has happened either. That's Riley's earlier statement was laughable. I've asked her out multiple times. She just can't open her damn eyes and see that it's a date. 

Once the credits started rolling up the screen, we stood up and left. Addison had to use the bathroom so I waited outside for her. Retro texted me asking how it went and I just sent her a thumbs down emoji. Addison came out of the bathroom "Ok. You ready to go?" She asked. I just stared at her for a second. I probably wouldn't do this if I wasn't so annoyed, but right now I don't care. "Addison, are you dumb?" I asked genuinely. "What? No. Why?" She asked. "Addison... I asked here on a date." I said. Her eyes widened. "Oh! Then maybe I am. Yeah." She said. I face palmed myself. "I'm sorry Dylan. My mind is just spiraling today." She said. "With what?" I asked curiously. "My mom wants me to get married in my teens! She says it was a tradition in her family. I just don't think I can settle down that early." She looked down. "You don't have too. I seriously doubt your mom is gonna force you to get married." I said. "She's not, but I don't want to disappoint her." She said sadly. "Addison. Your mom will love you no matter what. Just talk to her." I said. She looked up at me and smiled. Then her eyes widened. "Oh shit! Fuck I'm so sorry! You just told me you asked me out and I ignored you! Dear Satan, I suck! I'm sorry. Anyway! I would love to go out with you again." She smiled. "What?! I didn't even ask." I said shocked. "Yeah but I have to admit, when we get all flirty for fun, sometimes it actually turns me on. So! When are you free next?" She asked. I laughed. "Whenever you are." I laughed. "Great! Now lets go home! You're gonna help me talk to my mom!" She said proudly. I laughed and shook my head. "Ok." I agreed.

Addison practically dragged me to her parents room. "Hey Addison, Dylan. What are you guys doing here?" red asked. "I uh-" Addison stuttered. I nudged her and she gulped. "I heard what you guys said earlier... about me." She said. Their eyes widened. "Oh! No no no no no! I'm so sorry!" Green panicked. Addison got confused. "I don't want you to feel bad because I'm insecure! You don't have to get married!" She said. "But I don't want you to be disappointed in me if I don't." Addison pouted. "Addy, listen to me, I will never be disappointed in you. If anything, I'm more disappointed in myself for following through with a tradition that came from a family I hate!" Green said. "Does that mean you regret marrying me?" Red asked. "Don't put words in my mouth." Green snapped. Addison smiled. "So you really wouldn't mind?" She asked. "No. Dear lord, no." Green smiled. "Told you so." I said.