Next Year

Ambers POV
I got out of my car. "Hey Ember" I greeted. "Babe!" she hugged me. "You look good" she said. "Thank you. You're not to bad yourself" I said. "Hey guys" Mia walked to us. "Hey Mia" I said. "So who all is left in our friend group?" I asked. "Well, there's you and Ember. Me, Lila, and Josh. Zephyr, Gypsy, and Zike. And then Ari and Alison." Mia named them off. "Why is Kat here?" Ari asked. "What?" I turned around. We all met up in the parking lot. Kats car pulled up and she got out. "Hey guys" she said. "Hi Kat. What are you doing here?" Ember asked. "I'm dropping off my cousin" she said. "Your cousin?" I asked. A girl stepped out of Kat's car. She's short, has bright red hair, and yellow eyes. Her hair is almost neon. It's like a stop sign. It's all I can look at. "Guys this is Ritz, my cousin. She wanted to learn about earth so she's here" Kat said. "Thank you Kat now leave. You're late for college" Ritz snapped. "Bye" Kat left. "Hi Ritz" I greeted. "Hey Amber. Hey Ember" she greeted. "You've met?" Lila asked. "Well we did go to the moon" Ember said. "Come on Ritz. We'll show you around" I said.

Ritz POV
I wanted to get off the moon. I'm sixteen and the only reason I'm not married is because my mom is on the council. Classes here are weird. Why would I ever need to know half of this crap? I'm at lunch right now. Everyone that's left sits together. "That's poisonous" I said. "No its school food" Zike said. "Same thing" Zephyr agreed with me. I learned all their names pretty quickly. Cafeteria food looks infected. I'm glad I have my own lunch. Kat was right about packing a lunch. "So how long are you on earth Ritz?" Ember asked. "As long as I want to be" I said. "So are you getting married?" amber asked. "No. Since my mom is on the council, I don't die till I'm eighteen" I explained. The others looked at me weird. "Don't ask" I said. "So if you don't get married you die?" Lila asked. "I said don't ask" I mumbled. "Yes that's what's happens" I told her. They got worried but I'm not. I've been thinking about this since I was a kit. It's really not a big deal.

Lila's POV
"Josh are you ok?" I asked. He's been staring across the room for at least fifteen minutes. "Josh?" I asked again. "Dude!" Mia shouted. "Huh?" He looked over. "Get your head out of the clouds dummy" Mia said. "Sorry I got distracted" he said. I looked in the direction he was looking. "Distracted on her?" I asked. Mia looked over. "Ooh, Josh has a crush" Mia teased. "No I don't. Stop it" he said. "She's been here for less than a day and you're already in love" I poked at him. "Shut up!" He snapped. "Admit it! You like Ritz" Mia said. He blushed. "That's proof that you do!" I pointed at him. "This is why I hate having sisters" he grumbled. "Good. That's the point" Mia said. He looked up at Ritz again. "We are so telling Ella." Mia looked at me. "Oh of course." I agreed.

Ella's POV
"So josh..." I started. He looked up from his phone but then looked back down. "You're really not gonna tell me about her?" I asked. He exhaled deeply. "You seem to already know" he said. "Yeah, but I don't know your story" I said. "She's new, she's hot,  I like her" he said. "So go ask her out" I said. He looked at me like I was stupid. His hair fell in his face and he pushed it back. "That's what you need!" Lila yelled. "What?" He asked. "You need a hair cut!" Mia said. "No!" He exclaimed. "Look, you've had floppy hair for way to long. Its time for a shorter cut" Lila said. "Bailey can you help us here?" I asked. "Sure" she shrugged. Josh groaned.

Josh's POV
Everyone liked my haircut. I feel dumb. Ritz is way too good for me. "Hey Ritz" I walked up to her locker. "To spare you the embarrassment Ill just say yes" she said. "What?" I asked. "You're here to ask me out because you're scared that I'm gonna die" she said. "Wait what? I mean, yes I'm here to ask you out but not because of that" I said. "Why else would you care?" she asked. "Because you're hot and you're a smart ass and I like it" I said. She looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "I don't want you to die but that's not why I'm asking you out" I assured her. "Ok" she shrugged. "So is that a yes?" I asked. "Humans are so dumb. Yes." she huffed. I smiled. "Nice hair by the way" she ruffled her hand through it. "Thanks." I rolled my eyes.

Ambers POV
Its only been two days and josh already has a girlfriend. "Hey Am" Santana waved to me. "Hey" I said. "You ok?" She asked. "Yeah... I'm just waiting for something cool to happen" I sighed. "The year just started amber. I'm sure something interesting will happen" she said. "Is it weird to hope for a villain to attack us?" I asked. "Yes, but I still understand why you want it to happen" she laughed. "I just wanna be with all my friends again and fight evil" I said. She smiled at me. "You're really something amber" she said. I looked at her confused. "I mean it. You are meant to be a hero. It suits you" she said. "Thanks Santana, but unfortunately that's not a job" I said. "That doesn't matter. It makes you happy" she shrugged. I smiled at her. "Thanks Santana" I said. She nodded and walked to her room.