6

I got home and my dad's car was parked in the driveway. I already know I'm going to get yelled at for choosing Tyler over my dad.

I parked my car in its usual spot and sighed before I got out to go inside.

I opened up the front door and got greeted by my mom and my dad sitting on the couch.

"Your mom tells me that you skipped out on our monthly dinner for a boy?" My dad asked. I rolled my eyes as I sat down on the couch.

"Yeah, and?" I replied.

"If you're going to be ditching your old man for a boy, I wanna meet him" he told me.

"No, we're not official and I don't need anybody grilling him" I told him. My phone buzzed and lit up on the coffee table and my mom grabbed it before I could.

"Who's this 'the hottest hockey player'? Is he why you went out to Florida?" My mom asked.

"It's none of your business" I replied.

"It is if I'm paying for your phone and you're living under my roof" my mom shot back.

"I can pay for my own phone then" I shrugged.

"Well, you still live under my roof, Chloe Anne" she replied.

"I don't have to introduce anybody to you if I don't want to!" I snapped.

"You aren't allowed to go out with this boy until I meet him" she told me.

"Try and stop me" I retorted, rolling my eyes. I got up and stomped up to my room and slammed the door.

My parents really need to stop being nosey. I'm an adult and I have my own life. For the first time in my life, a guy is interested in me and I'd rather not have them mess up any chance I have to be with the guy of my dreams.

I took my phone out of my pocket and read the text that Tyler sent.

The Hottest Hockey Player

Did you get home ok?

-

I decided to reply.

Chloe

Yeah

Sorry that I didn't
text you sooner. My
parents were grilling
me about skipping
dinner w my dad

The Hottest Hockey Player

You ditched your dad
for me?

Chloe

He lowkey deserves it,
he's chose work over
his family for the past
five years. Me missing
one dinner won't kill
him.

The Hottest Hockey Player

I just don't wanna
be the reason you
and your family
have issues

Chloe

You won't be, my
family was a mess
long before you came
into the picture.
You have nothing
to worry about.

The Hottest Hockey Player

Whatever you say.
I'm gonna head to bed

Chloe

Alright. Sleep well
I'll see you tomorrow

The Hottest Hockey Player

Goodnight, beautiful.
I can't wait to see
you again 😘

-

I plugged my phone in and jumped into my bed. Hopefully, the drama with my family is over tomorrow. I wanna be able to hang out with my man without having anything troubling on my mind.