37

I got to Jake's house and knocked on the door. He answered the door and gave me a big bear hug. I love that I'm being hugged but I wish it was Tyler hugging me, but at the same time I don't wish it was him.

"How was your flight?" I asked him as he let go of me and let me in.

"Long. I'm glad to be back home. Are you moving out of Tyler's house?" He asked.

"I got all of my stuff out of there today and moved to my dad's. I haven't seen Tyler at all. I don't wanna see his face." I replied.

"I know it hurts but be thankful that he showed his true colors early on in the relationship and not years into it" he told me.

"I wanna hate him so bad, Jake. I'm so angry. I hate that I still have feelings for him, I hate that the feeling of love doesn't go away immediately after they hurt you" I explained.

"It'll be okay, with time, you'll be over it and your feelings for him will be a thing of the past" he replied.

"Changing the subject because I don't want you to be sad, you wanna watch a movie?" He asked. I nodded and we went into his living room.

We sat on the couch. He turned on the TV and went to Netflix.

He scrolled and scrolled for a movie until we eventually agreed on Grown Ups.

-

We're about forty-five minutes into the movie. We're cuddled up next to each other, my head laying on his chest while he's running his fingers through my hair.

We looked each other in the eyes. We both turned onto our sides to get a better look at each other. I leaned in and pressed my lips against his, he kissed back and our lips moved in sync. I bit his bottom lip and slid my tongue into his mouth, at this point, I was on top of him, straddling his hips. I could feel him growing.

After a few moments, I pulled away to take a breath.

"I wanna fuck you" I panted.

"No, Chloe. You're doing this to get back at Tyler, you don't wanna do this" he replied, pushing me off. My eyes welled up with tears.

"I want you to be my first" I told him.

"No, you don't, Chloe. You're vulnerable, I'm not taking advantage of it." He told me. I broke down into tears, he's right. I don't wanna have sex with him, I just wanna numb the pain.

"Please don't cry. Maybe we can do it one day, but not when you're grieving the loss of your relationship with Tyler." He added, wiping my tears with his thumb. He leaned in and pecked me on the lips.

"I just wanna numb the pain" I sighed.

"Sex isn't a good way to numb the pain, it's just gonna end up with one of or both of us being hurt." He explained, holding my hand.

I sighed and we cuddled back up with each other to continue watching the movie. He's right, it wouldn't be good idea to have sex with him, he cares about me deeply and I can't take advantage of that.

-

The movie ended, Jake fell asleep while holding me. He's so peaceful when he sleeps- nevermind, he's not sleeping anymore, someone rang the doorbell.

He jumped up to answer the door. He answered the door and I immediately heard yelling.

"You were just waiting for the opportunity to fuck my girlfriend!" I heard a familiar voice shout. It's Tyler. I got up and walked to the front door.

"I didn't fuck Chloe! She's not your girlfriend anymore! You fucked that one up yourself!" Jake shouted back.

"Chloe, we're going home!" Tyler shouted at me.

"We're done Tyler! You fucked another girl!" I shouted back to him.

"I was blackout drunk, Chloe! If I was aware of what I was doing, I wouldn't have done it!" He replied.

"All I hear are excuses! If you loved me, you wouldn't have done it!" I told him.

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have immediately went over here to try to fuck my teammate!" He shot back. I rolled my eyes.

"Now you know how I feel!" I spat.

"Oh, so you did fuck him?! You can fuck him but not me?!" He asked, I could see the tears forming in his eyes from how angry he was.

"I didn't fuck him! He's being a good friend and comforting me!" I replied.

"What's wrong with me? What did I do wrong to make you not wanna fuck me?" He asked, breaking down into tears.

"Nothing! Aside from cheating on me, nothing!" I told him.

"I can't imagine life without you! Please don't leave me!" He begged. I rolled my eyes.

"No. These are the consequences of your actions. If you can't stay faithful, you can't have me." I shrugged.

"Chloe, I'm in love with you" he admitted. I was shocked but I didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth.

"If you were, you wouldn't have cheated on me" I replied.

"Chloe, please-" he said before I cut him off.

"No, Tyler. Go home. We'll talk about this when the wound isn't so fresh" I told him, lighting guiding him out the door and shutting the door.

"I'm sorry about that, Jake" I said.

"It's okay, I've never seen a grown man break down like that" he replied.

"Can I spend the night?" I asked.

"Sure, but we're not having sex" he told me. We'll see.

"We can make out though, right?" I asked.

"I guess" he chuckled.

I don't have feelings for Jake but I just need something to take my mind off of Tyler.