21

It's been two days since Tyler came to my door begging for me to take him back. I'm still conflicted. I don't know whether to take Tyler back or just go with Jake.

I need to break things off with Jake for the time being to sort out my feelings, I really don't want to but I need to.

I'm meeting him at the park to talk to him. I'm sitting at a picnic table, waiting for him. I'm scared about how this is going to go. I don't want to hurt him or make him upset but I know that's what's going to inevitably happen.

I watched Jake approach the table and take a seat.

"Hey, beautiful" he smiled before leaning across the table to kiss me on the lips. I didn't kiss back.

"What's wrong? Why didn't you kiss back?" He asked.

"I think we need to break things off" I replied.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I need to sort out my feelings. I'm not sure about my feelings about my ex and it's not fair to put you through that too" I told him.

"What can I do to make this work?" He asked, his eyes welling up with tears.

"Nothing, it's nothing you did. Just give me time to figure out how I feel, I think we rushed into things too quickly and I didn't give myself enough time to fully heal" I explained.

"I guess it was too good to be true" he said under his breath.

"What?" I asked.

"For a girl like you to be into me" he shrugged.

"I am into you, Jake. I just need time to sort myself out" I replied, getting frustrated.

"Can we be friends?" He asked.

"Of course. I'm just ending the romantic portion of our relationship, not the friendship portion. I'd still like for us to be in each other's lives" I told him.

"I gotta get ready for the away games, I'll see you later" he said as he got up from the table.

"See ya" I replied. He gave me a hug and walked away.

Now that I got that out of the way, what do I do about these pesky feelings for Tyler?