60

Today, is game day. I haven't seen Tyler since last Wednesday, we've both been busy. I've been busy with school and work and he's been going to games and practices.

Things got a little awkward after Leah pointed out that his hand was on my thigh. He hung out for a little bit then I took him home and I really haven't had a full conversation with him since.

I know it's only awkward because he wants a relationship with me and I'm still not sure if I'm ready for a relationship. The love is there, that's for sure but I'm not sure if I'm ready to accept the chance of him hurting me again.

I decided to show up to the American Airlines Center a little early to watch them warm-up and to go to the Rally House to get a jersey. I promised Tyler I wouldn't wear my Toews jersey to the game, so I need to get a Stars jersey since I got rid of all of my Stars gear when I cut him off.

I'm in the Rally House getting a jersey, right now. I picked out a jersey with Tyler's last name on it. I took it to the counter and paid for it. $130.00 later. Ouch.

I took the tag off and put the jersey on over my t-shirt.

I went to will call and got let in. Tyler got me a seat right up against the glass. There was only a handful of people here, so it was relatively quiet.

Now to watch them warm-up and wait for them to play.

-

The game ended, the Stars won the game 4-2. I loved that Tyler's team won but it hurt my heart a little that the Blackhawks lost.

Tyler wanted me to meet him down by the locker rooms. I began my short journey to where the locker rooms were and I was stopped on the way. Security down there is a little tighter now, since when I was stupid and snuck into the locker rooms a couple years ago.

"Ma'am, you can't go down there" the guard said.

"Tyler Seguin wanted me down there" I explained.

"Like I haven't heard that before" he replied, rolling his eyes.

"If you don't believe me, ask him" I told him. He groaned and escorted me to ask Tyler if he wanted me down there.

After a couple moments, Tyler emerged from the locker room and the security guard and I approached him.

"Mr. Seguin, this girl says you asked for her to be over here, is that true?" The guard asked.

"Yeah, I did" Tyler responded.

"Okay, that's all I needed to hear, have a good night" the guard replied before walking off.

"You did great out there tonight, Ty" I told him as he gave me a hug.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"You wanna get dinner?" He asked. I get one day with him and then he's on a road trip for a week.

"Sure." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and led us out of the stadium. It felt right to hold his hand, even if we are just friends.

"What do you wanna get to eat?" He asked as we walked to his car.

"Pizza sound good?" I asked.

"Duh" he replied, squeezing my hand. We got in his car and buckled ourselves in.

"I'm sorry that I've been a little awkward for the past week" I told him.

"It's fine. I was pretty awkward too. I just didn't know how to react with your roommate calling me out for having my hand on your thigh" he stated.

"I didn't know how to react either, like I love you, the love is there, I want a relationship but I'm not ready yet" I explained.

"I'm not gonna rush you, Chloe." He assured me.

"I know you aren't but it's so frustrating because I'm terrified of getting hurt again and I hate that I keep letting my feelings get in the way of the things I want" I told him. He put his hand on my cheek and looked me in the eyes.

"I can't promise that I'm not gonna hurt you, but I can promise you that I'm not gonna do anything stupid to lose you again" he told me before giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

I enjoy sweet moments like these and I hope that I can put my fears to the side and take back what's mine.