51

Today is my birthday, Tyler has an away game today, my sister has school, my dad has work and I'm by myself. I don't have classes today and I don't have a job, so I'm just gonna sit at home, alone, with nothing to do.

My parents never really treated birthdays as something special, growing up. It sucked to see all the other kids having birthday parties while my sister and I didn't even hear a 'happy birthday' and were always told that it's another day.

In retrospect, they were right, it is just another day but it's nice to be treated special and for everything to be about you, every now and then.

I heard a knock on the door, I got up from my spot on the couch and answered the door.

I look like hell, so I hope it's not anybody of importance. My hair is in a messy bun, I'm wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pajama pants, an old shirt with my high school's name on it that has Mac n cheese on it because I suck at eating, and a pair of mismatched socks.

"Is Chloe Moseley here?" A man in boxy, yet sporty shorts, holding a bouquet of flowers and a tablet asked.

"I'm her" I replied.

"Can you sign here please?" He asked, handing me the tablet. I signed the signature line and handed the tablet back to him. He handed me a vase that had a bouquet of flowers in it.

I thanked him and went back into the house. I put the vase with the flowers in my room, on my nightstand and filled it with water.

I saw a card poking out of the bouquet of flowers. I opened up the card to see a message typed out. It said;

Happy birthday, beautiful. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, today. I hope you have a day that's as amazing as you are. We'll celebrate together when I get home. I love you

-Ty

I reread the card a few more times and put it against my chest. Tyler is making it incredibly hard to just stay friends with him. I know that's his goal but I like being just friends with him.

I decided to text him and tell him thank you.

Chloe

Thank you for the flowers,
they're beautiful and thank
you for the note you left w
them, as well. I love you too.

I meant that platonically, or did I? Who knows at this point.

-

Tyler

I'm glad you liked them,
four more days until I'm
back and we can properly
celebrate your birthday 😉

Oh god. What could that winky face mean?

Chloe

What are you suggesting
Seguin?

Tyler

You'll see

I'm kinda afraid to see what he's suggesting now.

I guess that's enough excitement for the day, now to sit around and do a whole bunch of nothing.

-

Sorry that this chapter is short, it's Moreso just a filler chapter. Hope you guys are liking the story so far.

-bri