25

I just got done with school, I'm exhausted to say the least. Tyler and I didn't go to sleep until midnight, so, I guess for once, Tyler was right, I should have just stayed home.

We would have been to sleep earlier if he would have just watched the movie instead of asking questions the entire way through it and making me pause it to answer his questions. He's the worst person to watch movies with.

I walked in through the door of my mom's house and walking into the living room. I collapsed on the couch from how tired I am.

"You wouldn't be this exhausted if you didn't stay out all night with your boyfriend" my mom told me.

"I spent the night at his house, we weren't partying or doing anything that you seem to think we're doing. I've been up since four this morning, I'm allowed to be exhausted" I snapped.

"Well, just because you're an adult, doesn't mean you get to decide to be out all hours of the night. Curfew still applies, if you aren't home by ten, you're grounded" she replied.

"I'm almost twenty years old, mom. I don't need a curfew. I work past ten some nights, am I grounded then?" I asked.

"No, obviously, those are times where the 10p.m curfew doesn't apply, you get an hour after your shift ends to be home. That's why I have you print your schedule and hang it on the fridge, so I can keep track of when you should be home." She told me.

"This is so ridiculous, I am an adult. I can vote, I can join the military, but I still get grounded for being out at night. How cute." I stated, rolling my eyes.

"Don't like it? Move out. Just because you're an adult doesn't mean the rules bend for you" she spat.

"I'm really thinking about moving out at this point. I don't care if I have to live in my car, I'm tired of being here" I told her.

"Well, if you move out, don't use me for your financial aid paperwork for school, you will be giving me your phone and you will be taken off of the car insurance and health insurance policies." She replied.

"Fine! I don't care" I responded, getting up from the couch. I stomped upstairs to my room and slammed my door.

"If you slam the door again, it's being taken off of the hinges!" I heard my mom's voice yell up the stairs. I rolled my eyes.

I'm so tired of this bullshit. Tyler seems to be the only person to be able make me feel better about all of this, he's the only person outside of my family that knows how my mom is.

I don't tell Raelynn about my family issues because she has a pretty bad family life, too and I don't want to burden her with my issues.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Ainsley" my sister replied.

"What do you want?" I asked. She opened the door and sat on my bed.

"Please don't move out, don't leave me alone with mom" she begged.

"I thought you and mom had a good relationship?" I asked.

"Not really, she takes everything out on me when you're not around and it'll get worse if you leave for good" she replied.

"I can't stand being here, Ains. Mom, is a psycho fucking bitch" I told her.

"If you move out, you're taking me with you" she told me.

"That's if I can find an apartment, and mom and dad aren't gonna be on board with you moving out at sixteen" I replied.

"Who says we're telling them?" She asked.

"Ainsley, we have to tell them" I told her.

"I'll file for emancipation" she stated.

"Again, Ainsley, you have to get them to sign the paperwork and they will not be on board with it. Plus, you have to be able to prove that you can sufficiently take care of yourself" I responded.

"I'll forge their signatures" she told me.

"Ains, forgery is a felony. You can go to prison for that, especially if you're forging signatures on court documents" I explained to her.

"I'll make a PowerPoint presentation of why I need to move out, I have money saved up, I can help find an apartment! I don't take up much space, you can hide me in a closet" she insisted.

"If mom and dad agree to it, then you can move in when I find a place, okay?" I suggested.

"Fine!" She sighed before walking out of my room.

She's very persistent and if she can't get her way the first time she asks, she's gonna keep asking until the person caves.