53

Tyler's birthday is today, I wanted to throw him a birthday party but I'm not close enough to any of his friends to be able to invite them, since I have no way to contact them.

I wanted to at least touch base with Jamie, since he's Tyler's best friend, but he hates me and I don't wanna bother him. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with the rest of Tyler's teammates, I think they're still a little creeped out from when I snuck into the locker room, I don't blame them for being weirded out by me, though.

I finally found a job, I start in two days. I'm gonna be working at IHOP. I don't like the idea of waitressing because it means I probably won't ever have a weekend off and I have to be available on holidays and treated like crap by old people who have no business being in public but it is what it is.

My phone buzzed, I picked it up to see that I had a text from Tyler.

Tyler

Jamie is having a small
get together for my
birthday, do you wanna
come with?

Chloe

Sure but doesn't Jamie
hate me?

Tyler

He doesn't hate you
he just doesn't
understand you

Chloe

Let's be real here Ty,
he hasn't like me since
the moment we met in
the locker room.

T

yler

Okay... you have a
point but I'm sure
he's gotten over it
by now.

A

nyway, I'll be over
to pick you up in an
hour, wear whatever

Chloe

Ok. See you then
birthday boy

I guess I need to get myself cleaned up for the party. I'm kinda worried about seeing Jamie and his girlfriend since they don't like me.

I went to my room to get dressed into something more 'acceptable'.

I opened up my closet and moved hangers around to find something to wear. Surprise surprise, I really don't have any nice shirts to wear because all I wear are t-shirts.

Time to scavenge through my sister's closet and get yelled at later.

I pulled a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black Doc Martens boots out of my closet and went to my sister's room. I opened her closet, I didn't like anything she had, but I grabbed a random black long sleeved crop top that she had in her closet.

I went back to my room and put the clothes on, I hated how I looked in the crop top, so I put on a hoodie over it because I didn't feel like wasting more time looking for another shirt. I also didn't feel like risking being caught going through my sister's closet again and get into a fight.