18

Jake and I have been talking for about a week now, he's already met my mom and sister, they like him.

We haven't made out or have tried to have sex since the night we went to the club. It's kinda boring but it's better than sulking over Tyler.

I miss Tyler but what can I do about it? He hates me. I'm still waiting on him to give me back my stuff but the chances of that happening are low.

I also started going back to school and I have a job interview at McDonald's.

The weird part is that my mom doesn't mind him being over when she's at work or if we have the door shut.

Anyway, Jake just came over and he brought food.

"I got Chinese, is that okay?" He asked, walking into my room.

"Yeah, that's fine" I replied.

"How was your day, beautiful?" He asked as he dug into the bag to hand me my food.

"It was good, I passed my test in sociology. How was your day?" I asked.

"It was good, practice was exhausting but I gotta try to be the best. I was wondering if you wanted to come to the game tomorrow?" He asked.

"Uh... sure" I replied.

"That was hesitant, what's wrong?" He asked.

I didn't want to tell him that I didn't want to go because I didn't want to see Tyler because he still doesn't know that I dated Tyler.

"Nothing, I just have to make sure I get my homework done" I replied.

"Oh, okay. But yeah, it would mean a lot if you came to the game" he told me.

"I'll for sure be there" I told him before leaning over to kiss him.

"Just tell the dude at the ticket booth your name when you get there tomorrow, okay?" He told me. I nodded. 

"You wanna spend the night tonight?" I asked.

"You think your mom would be okay with it?" He asked.

"She loves you, I'm sure she wouldn't mind" I replied.

"I'm gonna go with my best judgment and assume she wouldn't be okay with it, but I'll stay over until like midnight" he told me.

"You're so cute, trying to stay on my mom's good side" I told him. He smiled at me and leaned over and kissed me. I tried to deepen the kiss but he wouldn't let me.

"Why don't you want to make out?" I asked.

"I think we need to take things slow, I don't want to rush things. I wanna make sure you're fully comfortable with me before we try to mess around" he replied.

"Our relationship was founded on hooking up" I replied.

"And? You got scared and asked me to stop, I don't want to rush things" he told me.

"You have a point. I guess I'm not used to not diving directly towards sex every chance we have. My ex had a super high sex drive, so we were constantly attempting to have sex but it never happened" I told him.

"Why did you and your ex break up? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to but was it because of your fear of sex?" He asked.

"My fear of sex played into it but it wasn't exactly that, it was a number of things and it just fell apart. I lied to him once and he left." I explained.

"What did you lie to him about?" He asked.

"I just lied about why I was at a place I was at" I told him, not telling him that I followed Tyler to Florida, so I could meet him.

"Why?" He asked. God he asks soooo many questions.

"I'm honestly not sure, I guess I was afraid he would get mad at me" I shrugged.

"You don't have to worry about me getting mad at you for going place" he assured. I leaned over and kissed him.

I hope Tyler doesn't see me at the game tomorrow, I just want this to go as smoothly as possible.