32

We got to my mom's house, unfortunately, she is home. Tyler parked in the driveway. I sighed before we both exited the vehicle.

"It's gonna be okay, Chloe" he assured me, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

We approached the front door, I unlocked the door and entered the house. My mom was sitting in her usual seat, which was her recliner and she was watching the news, as per usual.

"You didn't ask if you could have your boyfriend over" my mom pointed out.

"I'm moving out. He's helping me." I replied, plainly.

"You never went over this with me" she said.

"Well, I am now. You don't pay for anything of mine anymore, dad carries my insurance now, I pay my own phone and I paid off my car." I told her.

"Can you even afford an apartment?" She asked.

"All you need to know is that I have a place to stay and I will be safe" I replied.

"What? Are you gonna be staying with that piece of shit boyfriend of yours?" She asked, getting pissed.

"He's not a piece of shit, he's been more supportive of me than I can say for you. I'm not telling you where I'm staying, I don't need you turning up unannounced to harass me" I explained.

"Don't come running back when he breaks up with you or gets you pregnant" she shrugged.

"I didn't plan on it. I'd rather sleep in my car than ever live here again. It was a displeasure having you in my life." I told her.

"You're such an ungrateful bitch. All I've done for you and this is how you repay me?" She asked.

"All you've done for me? You were on drugs for most of my life and you refuse to take your bipolar medication half of the time. You've physically, mentally and emotionally abused me and Ainsley. You've sold your daughters for drugs. You're the fucking reason I can't have sex without having a fucking panic attack! Go fuck yourself, Julie!" I shouted, my eyes welling up with tears.

"Get out of my house before I call the police." She said with no emotion in her voice.

Tyler and I turned around and got out of the house. We got into his car and I broke down into tears.

"I-I'm sorry you had to hear that Tyler" I sobbed.

"Baby, it's okay. I mean it's not okay that you're mom did that shit but I'm not ashamed of you or anything, hearing that gave me a better understanding about you and why you are the way you are" he replied.

"I didn't want you to find out that I'm 'damaged goods' this way, I wanted to tell you when I was ready" I told him.

"Chloe, you're not an object, you can't control what your parents did to you. I don't see you any differently. You're still my Chloe" he told me.

"I'm broken, Tyler. I had such a warped sense of love, that I had to force myself to realize that I love you, I can't even have sex with you. I used hockey to escape from my life. I was such a big fan of you and your team as a teenager, I spent all of my time, watching games, interviews, reading articles and running fanpages about you and your team because it was my only source of happiness. I wasn't an abused and depressed kid, I was just a fangirl. Before I even met you, you were the only thing that brought me joy. I realize that sounds creepy but you're really the only thing that makes me happy" I explained.

"All I care about is your happiness, and if being obsessed with me is what makes you happy, then so be it" he replied.

"I'm not obsessed with you" I told him.

"I know, I was joking but I want nothing but for you to be happy and it doesn't matter what makes you happy as long as you're happy" he assured me.

"I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Tyler. I love you so damn much" I replied.

"I love you too, baby girl" he told me. I leaned over and kissed him on the lips.

"Let's go back to your house, we'll try to get my stuff when my mom isn't home" I told him.

"Let's go get food first, you deserve for me to treat you after that whole thing" he suggested.

"I'm really not hungry" I replied.

"Chloe, you haven't eaten at all today, we're getting food" he told me, adamantly.

"Fine." I sighed.

I just wanted the day to end and I want to go to bed and forget the argument I had with my mom. I didn't want Tyler to find out how broken I am.