19

The game is today, I'm super nervous for it. I'm not nervous about how they're gonna play, I know they'll do great but I'm just nervous that I'll bump into Tyler.

I still need to tell my mom that I'm gonna be going to a hockey game here soon.

I went downstairs to the living room, where my mom was. She just got home from work.

"Hey, mom, I'm gonna be going to see the Stars play in like an hour or two" I told my mom, who was sitting in her chair, drinking a glass of wine to unwind from her day at work.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I'm glad you're actually going to a hockey game" she replied.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, confused. My mom hates when I go to hockey games, what would make her glad that I'm going?

"It was hard watching you lay in bed, 24/7, depressed over a boy. You stopped caring about everything that you once loved." She replied.

Little does she know, I stopped going to games because I didn't wanna see Tyler.

"I stopped going because he liked the same team." I told her. I mean, I'm technically not lying, he has to like the team he plays for.

"Well, I'm glad that new boy you're seeing, is getting you to do the things you used to" she replied. I gave her a hug and went back up to my room to finish getting ready.

-

I'm at American Airlines Center right now, I just got let in and got led to the booth I was in the last couple times I went to a game.

"I thought you and Tyler broke up?" Jamie Benn's girlfriend, Katie asked.

"We did." I simply stated.

"Who on the team are you with now?" She asked.

"Jake Oettinger" I replied.

"Seems like you get around quick" she replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, slightly offended.

"It means that Jamie has to listen to Tyler cry about how much he misses you and hates that you moved on while you're going from team member to team member" she spat.

"For your information, Tyler broke up with me and I had no intention of dating someone else on his team" I snapped. She rolled her eyes.

"Just because he broke up with you doesn't mean he doesn't miss you. You're too busy banging his teammates to realize that." She replied. I rolled my eyes. She knows nothing about me and she's sitting here making blanket statements towards me like she knows me.

"Whatever, you don't know anything about me" I replied.

"I know enough to know what type of person you are" she told me. I rolled my eyes, again. If I have to roll my eyes again, they're gonna get stuck.

I walked away from her to watch the game. I'm not gonna let her ruin watching the game for me because she wants to be a bitch.

-

The game ended, they won. I met Jake down by the locker room. I gave him a big hug and kiss on the lips.

"The team is going over to Jamie's to celebrate the win, you wanna join us?" Jake asked. I nodded, I don't want to go because I really don't want to bump into Katie but I don't want to explain why I don't like her.

Jake grabbed my hand and we started walking out of the stadium, I looked over to see Tyler staring at me.

"You did great out there" I told him as we walked to his car.