22

It's been about two weeks since Jake and I broke things off. I'm still unsure about my feelings for Tyler, I want to give him another chance but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I don't want to get hurt again.

I've been doing everything I can to try to put my thoughts about him on the back burner, I've been doing extra credit assignments for school, picking up extra shifts at work and cleaning my mom's house constantly. I'm pretty worn out.

Tyler just got back home from his away games. He wants to talk to me about how we stand, relationship wise.

I'm pulling up to his place right now. I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach because there's no telling how this is going to go.

I texted him to let him know that I was here. I put my car in park and got out as he was opening his front door.

I walked over to him and he gave me a big bear hug. I couldn't help but to hug him back. I'm unsure of my feelings but I'm so happy to be in his arms.

"I missed you" he told me.

"I missed you, too" I replied before he let me go. We went inside his house where I was greeted by his dogs.

"I think I might have missed your dogs more than you" I told him.

"I understand" he laughed. I sat on the ground giving the dogs all the loving I physically could.

"How have you been?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Good, just been trying to keep myself busy" I replied.

"Were you trying to make time go by faster, so it'd seem like Jake would be back faster?" He asked.

"Jake and I broke up" I told him. He got a smile on his face for a split second before going back to a serious facial expression.

"I saw that smile" I pointed out. He rolled his eyes.

"Why did you guys break up? I thought you liked him?" He asked.

"I do, but I need to sort out my feelings before I date again because I'm not sure what I want" I replied.

"What do you mean you're not sure what you want? You either want him or you want me" he responded.

"The problem is that I want you but I don't want to get hurt again but I also don't want to hurt you or Jake" I told him.

"If you want me, then be with me, I'm not gonna hurt you again but I'm also not gonna sit around and wait forever for you to give me an answer. I have to move on at some point." He replied.

"Tyler, it's not that simple, Jake doesn't know about you." I stated.

"I don't care. If Jake has a problem with us being together again, he can fuck off" he shrugged.

"I don't want to hurt him" I replied.

"You're hurting me if you don't take me back" he stated.

"I just- I just don't know what the right thing to do is" I sighed. He put his arm around me.

"Just take the plunge and start over with me. We'll take things slow" he told me.

"I guess that's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna make myself sick trying figure out what the right thing to do is when there isn't a right answer and someone is gonna get hurt regardless" I shrugged.

Nothing feels like the right thing to do anymore, might as well fuck up if I'm gonna fuck up.

"Does that mean we're back together?" He asked.

"I guess it does" I replied. He smiled and leaned over and kissed me.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I hope I'm doing the right thing, I don't think I can handle him hurting me again but it is what it is.

-

How are yall liking the story so far? Today's my birthday, so that's why I updated twice today lol

-Bri